Author Topic: Centre clearances  (Read 636 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Centre clearances
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:42:16 AM »
One area our up and coming young midfield has to stil work on to become elite is winning the majority of centre clearances. Our midfield is expected to be one of our strengths but we got smashed out of the centre and from stoppages for the best part of 3 quarters last night which kept Essendon in the game with 'easy' goals. Clearances in total was 28-50 so thankfully we dominated practically everywhere else of the ground which got us across the line by the end. We also gave easy goals to Freo as they got on top of us out of the centre.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Centre clearances
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:34:20 AM »
We started off well in the clearances in first quarter but they got on top of us after that. Our ball use has significantly improved and this was why the clearances didn't kill us in the end but I agree it is an area we need to work onj 

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:39 AM »
yep we cop far too many soft cheap goals from centre clearances and in general play

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
I know we need to rotate the boys through the middle but at one stage we had both Tuck and Jackson in the middle after a goal. Cannot afford to have them both in the side let alone both in the middle at the same time.
The other thing i have noticed is Grigg is playing more down back, earlier in the year he was playing through the middle and doing really well, wonder why with our clearance work right down?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 01:58:52 PM »
centre clearances were a big worry last night, with foley jackson cotchin and martin in there we should have dominated them , but failed

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »
Have to realise that Essendon are a well drilled unit. The addition of dual premiership coach Thompson has helped them at stoppages immensely. They have the talent of dribblers but were able to set themselves up well.
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
Drop jacko...