Author Topic: Richmond FC Fantasy League Version 5 - EPL 2010/11  (Read 5232 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond FC Fantasy League Version 5 - EPL 2010/11
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2011, 10:33:52 PM »
Good to see a first timer in the EPL next year. Swansea City is the first Welsh club to be promoted to the top level of English soccer. I know a guy who I met OS 10 years ago will be very happy. QPR and Norwich City are the other two promoted. The last time I remember QPR in the top flight was when I was a teenager (a long time ago lol).

Swansea played in the Old DIvision 1 of English football in either the 82-83 or 83-84 (Preceding Premier League) season before they were relegated at the first attempt after a good start.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond FC Fantasy League Version 5 - EPL 2010/11
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
Good to see a first timer in the EPL next year. Swansea City is the first Welsh club to be promoted to the top level of English soccer. I know a guy who I met OS 10 years ago will be very happy. QPR and Norwich City are the other two promoted. The last time I remember QPR in the top flight was when I was a teenager (a long time ago lol).

Swansea played in the Old DIvision 1 of English football in either the 82-83 or 83-84 (Preceding Premier League) season before they were relegated at the first attempt after a good start.
I stand corrected Tucky. Teach me to listen to the media without checking :wallywink. Swansea starting in the old 4th division had 3 consecutive promotions before finishing 6th in Division 1  in 81-82. They then were relegated the following year and crashed as quickly as they rose back down to Division 4.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd