Author Topic: FTF guernsey we're wearing this week  (Read 2434 times)

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
Re: FTF guernsey we're wearing this week
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »
Enough of these one-off gimmick jumpers!
Push up!

Offline JBFTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • A Fighting Fury
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
Did anyone else notice what it said on the website in the description of the Jumper?

Description
Purchase the special 2011 Fighting Tiger Fund guernsey, to be worn by the team in the Round 15 clash with Carlton.

All proceeds will go directly to the Fighting Tiger Fund.

Features the FTF logo and names of all major donors to the Fighting Tiger Fund, including 2011 Richmond members and the playing group.

Would be nice to have that confirmed before I order one  :) :gotigers

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »
We have to be realistic here.  Our club is part of a commerical enterprise, we need to compete with the likes of scumwood, we need to be in the black and we need to get there fast.  We go through a bit of pain like this just like we go through the growing pains of rebuilding the list as well.  It may rankle some of our altruistic moral ethics or our purist club principals but the fact is, we are a brand and we have to sell it to make money like there is no tommorrow to get flush and get back on top.  No money no successful RFC.  It is an interesting initiative, hopefully it will fade out quickly, but if it helps our club kick our engine over...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
Features the FTF logo and names of all major donors to the Fighting Tiger Fund, including 2011 Richmond members and the playing group.[/i]

Would be nice to have that confirmed before I order one  :) :gotigers

The names on the jumper are those who have donated $5k or more to the FTF. Those people are made up of major donors (non members), members and the playing group.

That is how it's been sold - you had to contribute a certain amount to the FTF to get your name on the jumper

So I take what you've posted to mean the names of all major donors to the FTF which is made up of 2011 members, the playing group and other people who may not be members but have kicked in the $$$

Not that every 2011 member's name is on the jumper

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JBFTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • A Fighting Fury
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »
Thanks WP - that makes sense.