Author Topic: Collingwood - 22 straight games in Melbourne  (Read 2263 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Collingwood - 22 straight games in Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
As gate receipts are the bottom line, the AFL needs to wake up and realize the potential pulling power of the Tigers, and stop sabotaging us with bad draws, lousy umpires, and inconsistent MRP interpretations. Similarly, any club should realize when putting their requests to the AFL,that when they play Richmond at the MCG, they can pretty much rest assured that a minimum of 30,000 to 40,000 Tiger fans will turn up, before they even factor in their own clubs pulling power. 

We get lousy draws as you put it RR because we have been crap. That's a fact, we had mediocre FTA coverage over the last 5 years has been because we've been crap on filed. things are tunring around and we will reap the benefits going forward. Your assertion is wrong crowd numbers have shown that during the last 4 years (pre 2011 & 2010) our drawing power has not helped othe rMelb based clubs because our fans have not attended as many away games - agian that is changing

Never once have I said that C'wood had earnt the right for the draw that they get.

But what you need to understand and clearly refuse to acknowledge is that it is indeed Melb based clubs that have indirectly impacted on C'woods favourable draw because every single one of them request to play C'wood in Melb. Every one of them. Until that changes Cwood will continue to get the 18 games in Melb.

IMHO Once we are successful consistently clubs will want to play us, ditto the Blues, the Bumbling Bombers, and the need to request games against Cwood will dimish and they travel will be more evenly spread.

You say the AFL are corrupt in what they are doing, what the AFL are doing again whether you want to admit it or not is give some less financial clubs the opportunity to make some money   

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Collingwood - 22 straight games in Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »
Look, once, just once I'd like to pick up a fixture and not see us being given two or three interstate games in a row, plus a trip to sleepy hollow (yeah, I know we didn't get it this year FOR ONCE). Then glance across at Collingwood's draw and see only one trip to Perth at most, no back to back interstate trips, no trips to Geelong,and certainly no inducement to sell off their "home" games to the tropics. And then have people on here saying they somehow deserve this, while we have brought this on ourselves because we've been crap.
Also, there's far more examples of this administration's corruption and unfair dealings that I can cite:
-Allowing Carlton to pay Judd under the table, and con everybody with his "ambassadorial role".
-Changing the rule so that the team which finishes on the bottom doesn't automatically get the number one draft pick the year we bottom out. Yeah, we voted on it. Like we had a choice.
-Further to this, turning a blind eye to Carlton and Melbourne's obvious and bare-faced tanking to exploit this loophole which should never have been brought in to begin with.
-Glaring inconsistencies week after week in terms of umpiring and MRP interpretations, which seem to always favour the higher placed clubs. Case in point: Maxwell breaks an opponents jaw with clear video evidence and gets off. While King is wiped out purely on Travis Cloke's say so. Jarrad Waite kicks McGuane  forcefully in the groin and has no case to answer. Yet the AFL deems umpire's and tribunal are above criticism. So we will continue to receive treatment like we did in Sydney a fortnight ago, and just grin and bear it.
Look, I could go on and on, but Id be in serious danger of developing RSI.