Author Topic: Hardwick on KB's show (audio and summary)  (Read 2251 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick on KB's show (audio and summary)
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »
Dimma will be on SEN tomorrow morning with KB sometime after 9am.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:37:46 PM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick on KB's show tomorrow (Thursday)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »
Brief Summary

* Jack like most players this time of the year is playing sore. Dimma defended Jack again as kicking just 8 goals less than this time last year but given off far more assists.

* We see Jack and Vickery as our dual key forwards going forward. You need that as we've seen at other clubs - Buddy/Roughead and Cloke/Dawes. Throw in a Griffiths and Post as well.

* Martin reminds Dimma of Roger James when he was at Port. Comparisons to Leigh Matthews is a bit far-fetched. We're pleased with how Dusty is going.

* Sub rule change has helped us playing these guys forward. Martin has 21 goals, Cotchin has kicked 9.16 (needs to improve his accuracy), Foley another who probably needs to push forward more and kick more goals.

* Judd - Jacko did a reasonable job in round 1. Judd still had 11 clearances. Just an outstanding player and one we need to worry about along with Marc Murphy.

* Backline - Astbury, Grimes went down and Moore hasn't played all year. Pleased with Rance although he still has more to learn. Took up footy at a later age so he's taken longer to develop. Done a lot work with Leppa. Rushes things still a bit at times but is improving on that front. Houli another we are happy with. We have the players there but can't get them on the park. Dea another one missing.

* Nahas - Probably didn't realise how hard you needed to work. Did a lot of work with Tim (one of our trainers). Had an excellent season so far.

* FTF - well documented you need to funds to succeed - we want to get to paying 100% of the salary cap (to basically be able to poach players).

* If we can 80k with 40-50k Tiger fans on Saturday that'd be fantastic.

* Carlton - we expect Robinson to come back in for them but going to watch them train today.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
Brief Summary

* Jack like most players this time of the year is playing sore. Dimma defended Jack again as kicking just 8 goals less than this time last year but given off far more assists.

* We see Jack and Vickery as our dual key forwards going forward. You need that as we've seen at other clubs - Buddy/Roughead and Cloke/Dawes. Throw in a Griffiths and Post as well.

I get excited thinking of the prospect of seeing Jack, Vickery and Griffiths roaming the forwardline and pushing up to the wings alternatively. Nahas and King at their feet with Cotch and Martin and co running into the F50 to provide further options has me very optimistic for our future forwardline.

I'm equally positive about our backline, an area I was most worried about a the start of the year. But as Dimma stated, we have Grimes (who showed a huge amount before he went down), Astbury (talents but down in confidence before injury), Rance and even Dea (small defender hopeful), our defence depth is far better than I would have hoped. Rance is coming along nicely too but a lot more education is required here and 2 /3 years more time.

My biggest concern, which Dimma never discussed, is the Ruck and midfield. Are rucks are the worst in the league. We have to trade for a good ruckman because we haven't another 7 years to wait for a draftee to develop. Similarly, we need more quality midfielders to add to our rotations. I'm praying Conca and Helbig prove to be just that.

Dimma is a great development coach and perfect for what we need as a club right now.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick on KB's show (audio and summary)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »
Here's the audio [13.35 mins]

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Damien-Hardwick/2572

Dimma also said we are going to target a couple of certain types of players at the end of the year. They have to fit our model so it won't be a machine gun approach. He said we successfully targetted Houli and Grigg last year so we have a good record on that front.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »
Am I imagining it or does KB call Carlton "The Boos"?

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
l'm fearing another Terry on Tuesday culture building again

Stop with all the media crap & teach them football then when they playing consistant football they can start talking it up FFS

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »
l'm fearing another Terry on Tuesday culture building again

Stop with all the media crap & teach them football then when they playing consistent football they can start talking it up FFS

Gee that's pretty harsh. Didn't really get the feeling Dimma was talking anything up. It's part of his job to address the media and with the club on a fund raising drive he'd need to be quite visible. Never really get much "spin" from Dimma. His message always seems to be we have a long way to go and mustn't cut corners.

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »
Talking about the club in whole here, not pointing at Dimma. Just think there is too much media going on when the club should be thinking more about football on the field.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »
Talking about the club in whole here, not pointing at Dimma. Just think there is too much media going on when the club should be thinking more about football on the field.

What allot of crap.....Every club is in the media 24/7. There are a few club's out there that get a hell of allot more coverage than we do.

Tigermonk

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
 :wallywink

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
Brief Summary

I get excited thinking of the prospect of seeing Jack, Vickery and Griffiths roaming the forwardline and pushing up to the wings alternatively. Nahas and King at their feet with Cotch and Martin and co running into the F50 to provide further options has me very optimistic for our future forwardline.

I'm equally positive about our backline, an area I was most worried about a the start of the year. But as Dimma stated, we have Grimes (who showed a huge amount before he went down), Astbury (talents but down in confidence before injury), Rance and even Dea (small defender hopeful), our defence depth is far better than I would have hoped. Rance is coming along nicely too but a lot more education is required here and 2 /3 years more time.

My biggest concern, which Dimma never discussed, is the Ruck and midfield. Are rucks are the worst in the league. We have to trade for a good ruckman because we haven't another 7 years to wait for a draftee to develop. Similarly, we need more quality midfielders to add to our rotations. I'm praying Conca and Helbig prove to be just that.

Dimma is a great development coach and perfect for what we need as a club right now.

With the amount of rot that's on here lately, it's always refreshing to read some decent posts.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »
Monk you've been peeing away on here all day with your whingy posts, go back to Vic Park.

No1 cares mate.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »

Probably a fine balancing act TM.  We need the exposure to build the $$s in the FTF but I do agree with what you are saying - concentrate on the job at hand, then talk about it.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »
Keeps the kids keen on their club, keeps our clubs profile up.  Both very important, we have a powerful brand, we attract new supporters just for the fact that they say, hmm, I like this sport, which team will I support....Tigers hey...they are stuffing mean, lets go with that or would you prefer they go for some gnarly looking battle swan or a combat magpie....or an aeroplane...NO, they must be exposed to the TIGER and join the correct club.
Lots of people name their swords......