Author Topic: Eade Gone?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Eade Gone?
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »
The Age & SEN are reporting Eade is going going gone-ski

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eade-to-leave-bulldogs-20110817-1ix0b.html

Press conference due at 11.40am

If true silly decision by the Dogs IMHO  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Eade Gone?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:52 AM »
Mike Sheahan now reporting it on the HUN

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-sack-coach-rodney-eade/story-e6frf9jf-1226116566868

He's saying Eade's been sacked but unsure if he will coach out the season

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
Seemed like the board had way to high of expectations this year. Plus they've had injuries to there main players.
I guess they might want a change of coach for there rebuild though. Or they might be thinking if they get someone new in it could turn out like Geelong has with Chris Scott. 

I wonder if the demons will go hard for Eade. IMO they should. His proven he can get the most out of a team with limited financial resources

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
I wonder if the demons will go hard for Eade. IMO they should. His proven he can get the most out of a team with limited financial resources

I reckon you are right

Would think he would be the favourite for the Melb gig now

As for the Doggies it will interesting to see what they do.....

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
Seem's like the 3 likely experience candidates are Eade Roosy and Laidley. Did I miss anyone which are a realistic chance?
P.S I don't think Mick Malthouse would leave collingwood for demons.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 11:45:41 AM »
Seem's like the 3 likely experience candidates are Eade Roosy and Laidley. Did I miss anyone which are a realistic chance?
P.S I don't think Mick Malthouse would leave collingwood for demons.

Roosy isn't an option - he has said he wont coach next year

Laidley is a chance but I am not sure about his ability to develop young players

Craig is an experienced coach but he wont go to the Dees

I wonder if Malthouse would be tempted to go back to where it all began coaching wise  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:52:14 PM »
News is that they were not happy with Eade constantly swearing & carry on in the box, it was also not healthy for the AFL & TV  ;D

Leon Cameron to get the job  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 10:50:03 PM »
Yep think Cameron will get the job at the Dogs. Dogs can't afford an exerienced coach and will go down the rookie path.

Eade would have to be front runner for the vacant Dees coaching position.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »
Apparently he has changed his mind about coaching on this year and might leave today. Paul Williams has been alerted to take over.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eade-wont-coach-again-in-2011-report-20110818-1iz05.html

Also Viney has talked up the idea of Eade going to the demons saying

"There's no doubt that they'll be speaking to 'Rocket',"
"He's been a really successful coach over a long period of time, so I'm sure he would tick most of the boxes the club are looking for."

"Experience would certainly be a fantastic attribute to have and, if you've had your team into big games at the end of the year, finals and grand finals, that would certainly be fantastic."

"Overall you're just after an experienced person, but if that was an experienced assistant that's been in the system for six, seven or eight years, I think they could (also) make a real fist of it."

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/viney-get-eade-to-dees-134383

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »
Yep think Cameron will get the job at the Dogs. Dogs can't afford an exerienced coach and will go down the rookie path.

Eade would have to be front runner for the vacant Dees coaching position.

I actually think the $$$ side of things was a factor in him not getting another contract TBH

Heard Smorgon on the wireless this morning and he said something along the lines of that just one of the reasons the club had made the decision was because of "where the Club currently sits". I just take that to mean where the club is financially

And it's confirmed he wont coach out the season
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:33:16 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »
If I was a prospective coach I'd be nervous about Smorgan saying they need only "refreshing" rather than rebuilding. They don't have a ready-made replacement for Barry Hall at FF nor a ready-made FB to replace Lake who has gone AWOL this year. Williams is injury-prone at CHB and in fact their whole backline has gone down. Then there's their ruck options once Hudson retires; Minson is no first ruck and Ayce Cordy is untried and has disappeared off the face of the Earth. I haven't looked at their list thoroughly but they appear to have a age-gap in the middle of their list with the more mature and experienced group from the 1999-2004 drafts they've relied on over the past 5 years that got them to 3 straight Prelims and then a younger inexperienced group who are untested and only got games into them this season. Eade did the right thing this year so he's stiff to be sacked but a coach who has been there 7 years needs to challenging for a flag or have one already to keep his job. I think Eade's past record of close but no cigar at two clubs went against him. Northey was similar. He got 3 clubs to the finals but never delivered a flag.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:28:34 AM »
I agree MT its got knights bombers saga written all over it. Don't forget Ward could be leaving for the GWS.
Bulldogs need some kind of a rebuild IMO. They currently have a list that could float around 5th to 8th for a few years if they pick teams to win instead of giving experience to the younger players.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 07:00:48 PM »
I agree MT its got knights bombers saga written all over it. Don't forget Ward could be leaving for the GWS.
Bulldogs need some kind of a rebuild IMO. They currently have a list that could float around 5th to 8th for a few years if they pick teams to win instead of giving experience to the younger players.
I did an age check and as expected there's a massive hole in the middle-age bracket of their list. 11 players are 29 or over and just 14 are between 23-28 y.o. with only Cooney, Griffin, Higgins and Williams arguably top quality. They do have a few father-sons coming through but if Smorgon thinks they only need refreshing rather than rebuilding then he is kidding himself. A new coach would be better off offloading 29+ers in 2012-13 and spending time down in the bottom 4 getting games into their under 22s while accessing the best youngsters in the drafts  before rising again in 2014-15. If he does however what Smorgan wants and tries to keep hold onto the oldies they will only make their list problems worse with little A-grade quality youth coming through.

By Round 1 (April), 2012

35: Hall
33: Hudson
30: Gilbee, Hargrave, Lake, Giansiracusa, Hahn#
29: Boyd, Murphy, Morris (broken leg), Cross
---------------------------------------------
27: Minson
26: Cooney, Moles
25: Griffin, Picken, Williams, Markovic, Sherman, Barlow#
24: Addison, Higgins
23: Stack, Djerrkura, J.Hill
-------------------------------------------