Author Topic: How did you rate our season?  (Read 1637 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: How did you rate our season?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »
I thought we went as expected, with the curve heading up.

The big test is whether it continues up next year and puts us in the 8, otherwise Hardwick will be under huge pressure and probably gone.

Apart from the bit about Hardwick being gone - I cannot see that happening

Agree with TBR
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:23:43 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 07:16:16 AM »
I thought we saw some players find their feet in Vickers, Nahas, and Rance.  We found a real gem in Bachar Houli.  We also can see the astute choices in picking up Miller as a depth player up forward, he has been valuable.  Conca played some terrific football as a first year player, he will be a gem.  We have some recuperating players to add back into the fold with a lot of promise in Grimes and Griff and even Astbury.  We were never going to be winning a flag this year so playing finals and risking the injuries involved with that sort of pressure just yet is probably not worth it anyway.  When we do get there we will be ready to make a difference rather than just getting beaten up and thrown out in the first set.  I gave us a five but I think I was a bit of a stingy bastard to be honest.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 07:17:51 AM »
Agree with most of the comments by Torch. I would give them a 5 at the moment. Impressed by Martin, Lids, Cotchin and Houli. Grigg was okay. Vickery, King, Nahas and Rance really improved and had a good year. Grimes, Conca, Batchelor and Helbig have promising futures. If we trade well my assessment of the year will go up. Need a ruckman, key position backman, and would like a x factor player and an another inside mid. Form slump in middle was a real concern. Very disappointing loses to Gold Coast Port Adelaide and Carlton. Good wins against Essendon, Adelaide and Sydney.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »
If Collingwood is a 9 and Port Adelaide is a 2....I would have to give Richmond a score of 4 and a half  :whistle

I'm feeling pretty happy with the way things are tracking after we were 0-9 last year and being compared to Fitzroy

Going into this season we all knew that Lids/Cotch/Martin and Jack were all guns so to see Vickery and Rance develop this year bodes well for the future.

Unleash the tornado