Author Topic: Wish we give up talking about KB publicly  (Read 1785 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wish we give up talking about KB publicly
« on: March 25, 2005, 03:05:52 AM »
Tigers give up on Kevin Bartlett
25 March 2005   
Herald Sun
Mark Robinson

THE stand-off between Kevin Bartlett and Richmond is now two-ways. Frustrated by his inability to convince Bartlett to return to Punt Rd, Tigers president Clinton Casey has turned his back on the AFL games recordholder.

Casey said he had approached Bartlett three times to attend functions at Tigerland for three rejections.

"My last discussion with Kevin was to say to him that I wouldn't embarrass myself again by trying to persuade him to come back to Richmond," Casey said. "I've embarrassed myself three times on three separate occasions. They were big occasions that the club had (organised) and we sat down.

"I'm the sort of guy who thinks for every problem there is a solution, but I've tried three times without success.

"He always knows where we are and let's leave it at that."

Bartlett has refused to return to Richmond after being sacked after the 1989 season.

The long-running saga resurfaced this week when Collingwood legend Thorold Merrett urged Bartlett, on SEN radio, to end the impasse.

Bartlett, as he has done with Casey and several Richmond officials in the past 15 years, did not entertain the idea.

While the Bartlett issue appears dead, the Tigers have welcomed back former player and media identity Rex Hunt, whose brainstorm to join the Tigers board last year was thwarted when it was revealed he was not a paid-up member.

Hunt is aiding the marketing department and could again be a boardroom contender.

"I haven't had a further chat to Rex about a board position," Casey said. "But we've had a number of chats to Rex about assisting the club.

"He's doing the voice-overs on our membership campaign, he presented our awards at our season launch (on Wednesday night) and the good news is he is a member."

In a wide-ranging interview, Casey has revealed the affect last year's bitter election campaign had on his family, and spoken about Brad Ottens, Eddie McGuire and the TV rights, and the drug-testing of AFL officials.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,12650237%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wish we give up talking about KB publicly
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 03:44:34 AM »
This issue has been dead in the water for ages especially for Tiger supporters. Just because someone from another club brought it up on radio doesn't mean we have to go through this whole charade again. Casey should have just said it's not even an issue to us.

What KB decides is his business and something he has to live with. We've got more important things to worry about and a younger generation to idolize. Time to move on.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 03:57:48 AM »
The only way he will return to Punt rd. is posthumously.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 03:56:04 AM »
Yes the whole thing is very boring
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 03:42:43 PM »
Sorry to drag this up - I know I know. :shh

Just that I noticed in the Sun Centre spread a picture of KB in a Richmond "Members" cap.

Didn't know he was a member  ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 05:26:07 PM »
That would come automatically with his RFC life membership and Immortal awards you'd reckon. It doesn't matter anyway as you would think most Tiger supporters couldn't care less about KB's stance now. I just cherish that I saw him play. The Club has thankfully moved on and is looking towards the future.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 06:45:56 PM »
The club is bigger then any individual!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 06:56:41 PM »
who is kevin bartlett???????

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 08:07:20 PM »
who is kevin bartlett???????

hehe, nice one X.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 03:18:40 PM »
Sorry to drag this up - I know I know. :shh

Just that I noticed in the Sun Centre spread a picture of KB in a Richmond "Members" cap.

Didn't know he was a member  ;)

It was probably Rhett's cap.