Author Topic: Standard improving at Richmond (afl site)  (Read 1315 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Standard improving at Richmond (afl site)
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
Improving the standard
By Adrian Ceddia
Fri 13 Jan, 2012

A pre-season focus on contested possession, fitness and maturing young bodies has Richmond on track for the 2012 campaign.

And midfielder Shane Edwards believes a third pre season working under a new game plan has led to a lift in the standard of training.

“The training standard is definitely a lot better than what it has been in other years,” Edwards said.

“We’re an improving list, and all the young guys have improved on their body size and fitness in the off season.

“A lot of this pre season has been about winning the contest, and contested footy, trying to get the ball going our way.

“The maturity of the group will help improve that, having been through the system and being part of what we’ve put in place in the last few years.”

The addition of several mature players to the playing list in the last few years, and a natural progression of young players, has added a strong competition for games.

“There’s a lot more competition out there for spots, which can only improve our list,” Edwards told Radio Sport National.

“It’s just about having more players to select from.  Having competition means you have to play better.”

The Tigers will continue to shore up its defensive structures as they strive for further improvement in season 2012.

“It’s about taking the necessary steps to get to where we want to get to,” Edwards said.

“We’re being realistic, and we know where we’re at.  We know that our best footy is good enough, but we need to make sure our bad footy is still good, which is the case with a lot of the good teams.

“We want to get our players healthy, and get improvement in our young guys, so we can have a crack at having a good year.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/127868/default.aspx

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Standard improving at Richmond (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:53:47 PM »
What's Edwards paying for the Brownlow?

I just got a feeling about him...
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »

Oh dear  :nope

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »

I made a pledge that I would not bad mouth Edwards until round 1.... stuff it's not easy with comments like this......
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »

I made a pledge that I would not bad mouth Edwards until round 1.... stuff it's not easy with comments like this......

:lol :lol :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »

:lol :lol :rollin

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »

I'm paying 350-1 with a minimum 100 down.