Author Topic: Player Incident in Vegas / John McCarthy passes away  (Read 6950 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Player Incident in Vegas / John McCarthy passes away
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »
Read that autopsy has been done, but the toxicity results will take 8-12 weeks

Read that too

Also read that the report will be released to his family and it will be up to them whether they release the details
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »
Read that autopsy has been done, but the toxicity results will take 8-12 weeks

Read that too

Also read that the report will be released to his family and it will be up to them whether they release the details

Just read that too haha

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
if they find something that would indicate say a drink spike, thus a possible crime, I wonder if they would release it then?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2012, 08:14:05 PM »
if they find something that would indicate say a drink spike, thus a possible crime, I wonder if they would release it then?

Can of worms..
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Ox

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 12:20:09 PM »
Hey- don't let facts get in the way of a good story,guys.

Had he not acted like a stuffwit he would still be here.

U can all say its tragic and brood about the fact u don't know him but at the end of the day,
the most important message to kids is,don't act like a stuffwit when ur drunk.

Spare me ur idealist retorts.

Fact.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »
would have to agree with you Ox.

i did something really stupid crap whilst on the booze, so it could happen to any number of people

hopefully kids understand they aren't invincible

On a side note and totally meaningless for some but Pies and Sorrento scored the exact same score in their respective wins yesterday. Same score in the game against Pies earlier this year

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 01:04:26 PM »
Disclaimer: no disrespect intended.

It really ticked me off with how Collingwood carried on with this on the weekend. Last week on 360 when they were talking to Luke Ball at the MVP awards he said he personally wasn't close to McCarthy and there were only about 6 or 7 who were still close to him. Before the game on the Fox broadcast on the bottom if the screen it said something like 'Collingwood playing for Fallen teammate.' then they all touch the banner. All but two images in the montage show McCarthy in a Pies jumper. Pendelbury last week carried on how courageous and amazing McCarthy was. Anyone watching and unfamiliar they wouldn't think he was a Port Adelaide player an played more games there. If he was so amazing and valuable at Collingwood then why didn't they give him more than 18 games in 4 years. Get your hand off it Collingwood.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
Disclaimer: no disrespect intended.

It really ticked me off with how Collingwood carried on with this on the weekend. Last week on 360 when they were talking to Luke Ball at the MVP awards he said he personally wasn't close to McCarthy and there were only about 6 or 7 who were still close to him. Before the game on the Fox broadcast on the bottom if the screen it said something like 'Collingwood playing for Fallen teammate.' then they all touch the banner. All but two images in the montage show McCarthy in a Pies jumper. Pendelbury last week carried on how courageous and amazing McCarthy was. Anyone watching and unfamiliar they wouldn't think he was a Port Adelaide player an played more games there. If he was so amazing and valuable at Collingwood then why didn't they give him more than 18 games in 4 years. Get your hand off it Collingwood.

I agree dwaino. I wonder if the Collingwood club and its players would have grieved so openly if the circumstances of his death were more clear cut and far less glamorous like a drug overdose or he drove drunk and killed himself as well as a another innocent party? I bet They'd be saying behind doors, "Lets keep our distance from this and let Port deal with it."

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
Agreed. Everyone is twice the human they were once they die. All their impacts on society are forgotten and their very average lives are reflected upon as unique and brilliant out of fear of offnding someone of who is running with the rest of the herd.

Reality is 99.5% of us lead lives that 99.99% of everyone else  ultimately dont give two shakes of poo about.

If you love and cherish someone that much, tell them when you are both alive or shut the eff up

Ruanaidh

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
Hey- don't let facts get in the way of a good story,guys.

Had he not acted like a stuffwit he would still be here.

U can all say its tragic and brood about the fact u don't know him but at the end of the day,
the most important message to kids is,don't act like a stuffwit when ur drunk.

Spare me ur idealist retorts.

Fact.
Spot on. I used this tragedy as a 'teaching moment' for my two boys. The only disclaimer would be if his drink was 'spiked', but even then there is a lesson to be learnt.