Author Topic: Fractured fairytales  (Read 12466 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Fractured fairytales
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »
"I have returned for battle sire", Mark of Cogs exclaimed bursting through the door.

"By God, what joyous news tis is", shouted Lord Wallace.

"Not so joyous I'm afraid sire", replied Mark of Cogs. "Another heavy defeat on the receving end of the Cat of nine tails albeit no casualities."

"More fine tuning to our battle plans needed I see. Thank God we don't have to travel down the highway to that wreched place again this year," a relieved Lord Wallace sighed.

Just then ....
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 11:16:55 PM »
Another battle season had passed and Lord Wallace looked pensive.

"The King haseth given thee only one more year for us to maketh to the September lands or I will suffer the same fate as my trusted companion Greg de Miller," Wallace gasped to Royal Chocco. "His majesty and the grand council in the Tower of Punt Rd have also placed new overlords to oversee us. The meddling Count Freezer who I fear has it in for thee and that former Demonworshiper Cameron of the Craig."

"But we were in sight of the September sire. Horseman Richo was triumphant in battle attacks from the wing. Farmboy Lids came of age. Victories over the ferries from the Glen, the Lions at the Dome and the scum from Windy Hill twice surely pleased the King and the peasantry?" enquired Chocco.

"I'm afraideth not my little bulldog," replied Lord Wallace. "The peasants and the gentry are getting restless for glory and our savage defeats across the border and during our centenary celebrations to the archenemy left a nasty taste in the mouths of our masters. Only reaching and securing the September Lands by midwinter next can save us now from the axeman."

Meanwhile, .....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2008, 04:10:56 PM »
There would soon be more news trumpeting from the Tower of Punt Road as there were important plans were being put in place for the upcoming recruiting at the Draft National of Youngsters....

While sitting around the big table Former Demonworshiper Cameron of the Craig said to the Grand Council...

"Fear not I promise I am no longer a Demonworshiper, my allegiences are solely to you all. With this I make this vow - last year saw Cotchin of Trent join our ranks and now we look to bolster our forces with another young Noble man of matching skill, daring and courage. Let me repeat that this is is my pledge to you all and with that I will not disappoint and Lord Wallace will indeed be pleased with my selection"

At that point meddling Count Freezer rose and asked to be excused and headed out of the door to.....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2008, 08:17:45 PM »
to welcome back Captain Cambo to Punt Rd Castle after 3 years away assisting the greyhounds and spying in the Western lands.

"How well your travels were sire?", Count Freezer asked.

"I did seeth the September lands twice in my 3 years away with the hounds. As muchest as I did in 12 long long long years in battle under yellow and black flags. Howevert still no holy grail afraid," Cambo replied.

"I too have returned sire," Count Freezer explained. "I have obtained a position on the King's Grand Council."

"How dideth one with such little experience achieve such an honour?", a surprised Cambo asked.

"A mysterious character posted 95 theses on the doors of a public forum demanding Greg de Miller and Lord Wallace's heads... the Count winks ... which caused a restless stir amongst the gentry and peasantry. The Council soon afterwards sent Greg de Miller to the gallows, and wanting a former loyal officer to replace him, it was I who was given the honour. A position on the Council that oversees Lord Wallace hahahahahaha!"

"And me too?" Cambo enquired.

"Just like the old days in battle Captain," the Count replied.

Meanwhile King March had some joyous news for the faithful .....

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:02 AM »
 the shire of Richmond had been ravaged and piliged by many tribes and far away kingdoms and nearly all the treasures of the land had been lost or shelterd away till a brighter day dawned 
after much licking of wounds and  the locals vowing to never venture down the path of glory again, a former son of the tiger tribe returned one day and  carried some welcoming news for the serfs and villagers
fellow people of the clan Yellow and Black it is I Brend on Gale returned to once again raise the flag of the Tiger, many of those who spun tales of fantasy and vain glory have been banished from our fields and will not be seen this side of the river again, Those who remain have pledged their allegience to my cause
 I  call you to all reunite and herald in a valiant young leader  who once fought for the tribes of essondum and porta power and has honed his skills under the tutorledge of a victorious son of a Clark

"behold I give you Dimma the Hard Man"

many locals ooohhed and aahhhed,
whilst some cynics in the lesser land mocked,  behold our saviour, what do you bring with you but a fellow porta power, the farmers boy
 hah we have walked this road before and it is long and dark and lonely and the riches promised are but morning mist and flat ale
why should we trust and believe in you and your lot to return the old days to our tribe again,
look at your ragged bench  Cambo , the Leppa, Brend on Lade,  Newt face, Dilly Dally, and Cameron of the Crag 
its more like a travelling troop of entertainers than an outfit of warriors
our young boys will be slaughtered for years to come and the clan of the Tiger will be a laughing stock and a stirring spoon

but Dimma the Hard man would not enter into the goading and tirade of abuse, instead he took his travelling troop and their tools of war and ventured to the local field and set up a jousting and sparing ring,
soon many of the local lads and a few former and future champions gathered, and shouts of merriement and self belief where heard again in the shire of Richmond

some went even as far to say that they had heard the the great tiger Richo was once again to return and fight under the flag of Yellow and Black

but that my friend is indeed another story and is sure to be taken up by another of the OER bards

EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »
 :clapping :clapping :clapping
Well Done 632!

My you are feeling very nostalgic today bring up old threads. Its a bit like the day they found the Titaninc.  ;D

I'm tempted to get my thought processes going on my ye olde english again

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2009, 10:02:18 PM »
Ol' dark clouds overhung Punt Rd Castle as word reached the throne room that Sir Mathew Son de Richards had suffered a untreatable wound from an earlier battle and was lost from the battlefield. The whole shire of Richmond was in mourning.

The dire situation confirmed Dimma the Hard Man's worst fears. "We must start again. We must rebuild again. We must seek out the best youth from all kingdoms near and far and turn them not just into fearless warriors but a great army. One unit that is ruthless, relentless and uncompromising.

So the battlecry went out. Lord Brend on Gale sent out message scrolls via carrier pigeon to all de good folk of the shire. It read .....

"Hear ye, hear ye

Change at Punt Road Castle has been great and with this comes renewed optimism. Thy assure thou however the optimism will be blended with realism.

Thee will not conceal thou current position, or offer false hope.

What thee promise thou .....

* The Kingdom is united in our approach to delivering a blueprint for achieving sustained success.

* Thee are taking a long-term view with regards to developing thou young Army.

* Thee will not be making knee-jerk or short-term decisions.

* Everything thee do will be based around Army and not individual warrior.

* Bold thee will be.

* Innovative thee will be.

* Thee will be ruthless, relentless and uncompromising.

Ye all commitment and continued financial contribution to the Kingdom is vital to thou future success."

Meanwhile ......

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 06:19:53 AM »
Seasons had come and passed and the winds of change had again swept over the land of Richmond, even those jolly cricketers had abandoned the fields of Punt Road, many a past horror was now only a dark memory and the youth of the shire knew not of the bleak days when the  evil Lord Wallet and his predecessor Cherry Ripe had raped and pillaged in the name of  short term success,
 many of the young warriors were now battle hardened, trained in aspects of the new warfare and its modern arts, some even confident to be heard shouting that the time was now to approach familiar enemies camps and take their spoils

We join now as Brend on Gale and Dimma the Hard Man sit in the war office plotting the tribe’s upcoming battles and of new tactics to enthuse the folk of the shire

DtHM “so how is the new tribal enlargement campaign going my good sir, rumor has it that we may indeed be stronger in number than most of our foes before the leaves fall from the oak

“Ah yes” replied BoG “more and more each day are heeding the call and flocking to the tribal halls, indeed we even have now tribal halls in village near and far, our new  banner has surely been taken favorably by the mobs to the amount as such that we will be number 50,00 indeed before the falling of the oak leaves”

“And to you DtHM how is the training of the Tribal Warriors going? Are the stories I hear of much increased strength and reserve true ? or is it as before like the froth on my Sunday tankard!”

“My Lord”  started DtHM “ myself and the seasoned elders of the tribe, the leppa , Cambo, Brend on Lade, dilly dally and Ross the Smithy, have been toiling hard with new and tested battle plans, our confidence is rising as well,
surely this will be the year we are victorious over that mob down at Collon woods, especially now that Sir Michael the Graying has left on Sabbatical, and they only have that illegitimate son of  the Buckler to lead them,
indeed if we where to strike early I am sure that spirits would be lifted and the roar would be heard from the might of the villagers”

‘You inspire even  myself DtHM”, spoke BoG  as he rose to leave” I have to visit the home of the new man Chris before it gets dark, he is indeed a capable leader of our troops, If only  that bold one of De Lidio saw to commit to the fold again? Why with him, and Cotchen of Trent, and the son of the Martin, we once again could become Kings of the hill!,

but away I must and surely this story has more to unfold as the clouds of warfare again roll in  to our wonderful sire of RICHMOND”

but again let the Bards have their say
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »
Holy crap! I just realised that I started this thread 7 years ago. My how time fly's when you're not playing finals!  ;D

Excellent revival 632.  ;D :thumbsup Might have to conjure up some parchment very soon.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »
Funny stuff