Author Topic: Deledio on 3aw 27/3 @ 6.15pm  (Read 1156 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio on 3aw 27/3 @ 6.15pm
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
Lids was just on 3aw before with Gerard Healy and Dwayne Russell ...

* Being No.1 pick playing in a losing side was a bit hard. Russell said Brett you've lived up to your No.1 pick status.

* Lids puts his durability down to good genes (laughs) and the excellent work by our fitness staff. They've got him up for games when he didn't think he could.

* Got such great players now (no disrespect to past players) - Martin is a star, Cotch speaks for himself, Jack is a gun and Foley coming back is like gaining a No.1 pick. Picks like Houli and Grigg add depth and have good skills.

* Captaincy - not something he rules out. However Cotch is VC and Newy captain and they are doing a good job at the moment. When Newy eventually steps down I'll put my hand up.

* Not initially interested in being captain but as you mature you feel you can handle such extra responsibility. However as he said it's not something front of his mind at this stage.

* Lids was asked if we'll take Carlton's midfield head on or will Jacko instantly go to Judd. Lids said he honestly doesn't know [good boy Lids play dumb  ;D]

After Lids left, Healy asked Russell if Richmond should sign up Cotch, Martin and Jack to extended contracts now rather than waiting until next year. Russell replied all have managers who will have a say in when a new deal is done. Both Healy and Gerard weren't aware Vickery had just re-signed as they said Vickery should be next to be signed-up  :wallywink.

Healy I think said he thinks we'll make the Eight. If we can find a couple of more guns we'll be right up there in the coming years.

Ratten was on next after Lids. He was asked about what he's noticed that changed/improved at Richmond tactically. Ratten spoke about us structurally setting up with Jack, Vickery and Miller up forward. He still rates Lids, Newy and Houli are our main three key players who switch play and set up attacks (more important than Dusty). He said Richmond has an inexperienced backline when asked about who Carlton could exploit down in our defence and he said they need to curtail our run (out of our defence) so Jack and TV don't get the footy. Healy asked Ratten whom he'll tag but Ratten no surprise avoided anything specific. He didn't rule in or rule out tagging one of our mids.

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Deledio on 3aw 27/3 @ 6.15pm
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:16 PM »
Great report Thank you   :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:02:16 PM »
I didn't hear it but I believe Lids was also on SEN sometime today

Perhaps between 4.00-5.00pm

Maybe Mr OE can go a searching for it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »
OE would know about it if it happened  >:(

dwaino

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:13:22 PM »
360 just played snippets from Lids' manager from an SEN interview. Maybe that was it?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »
No was defintely on SEN just after 4.00pm - confirmed on twitter

Here's the only link I can find

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Brett-Deledio/4198
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
bahahaha!!

Davey I have been watching your avatar for the last five minutes! it is freakin magnificent!

ps. Lids is a champion player/bloke.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
No was defintely on SEN just after 4.00pm - confirmed on twitter

Here's the only link I can find

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Brett-Deledio/4198
Yep WP that's the one of Lids on SEN today. I was not near a radio so missed it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:32:39 PM »
A bit more from Lids' interview on 3aw tonight ....

Deledio 'never going to leave'

By Nick Bowen and Luke Holmesby
afl.com.au
7:35 PM Tue 27 Mar, 2012

BRETT Deledio never really considered leaving Richmond and signed his new five-year contract with the intention of remaining a Tiger for life.

The star Tiger also said he had put off signing until knowing whether coach Damien Hardwick would continue with the club beyond this year.

Deledio, who turns 25 next month, was set to become a restricted free agent when he came out of contract at the end of 2012, his eighth season at Punt Road.

But Deledio told 3AW that he had instructed his manager not to tell him about any approaches from other clubs.

"I said to my manager I don't really want to know about ... what's going on," Deledio said.

"I was a Tiger and I always said I wanted to stay with the 'Tiges'. Obviously I was rapt to be given the five years, but I suppose the hard work starts now."

He also revealed he waited until he knew of Hardwick's future before re-committing to the Tigers. Richmond removed any potential roadblock when it re-signed Hardwick until the end of 2014 two weeks ago.

"I wanted to find out what was going to happen with 'Dimma' (Hardwick) because he's been fantastic since coming in and it's a hard thing changing coaches all the time," Deledio said.

"To have him leave after three good years would have made it hard and stressful again but (I'm) rapt that he's signed on and only too happy to play under him again."

Deledio denied signing for five years would put added pressure on him to perform, saying he and his manager had settled on the long-term deal after deciding that if he was going to re-sign he "may as well stay on and be a Tiger for life."

Deledio also said he would put his hand up to become Richmond captain when current skipper Chris Newman eventually steps down from the role.

He admitted he had previously not coveted the role, wary of taking on the added responsibility and pressure that comes with it. But the 2004 No.1 draft pick said he had learnt to cope better with football pressures as he had matured.

"I certainly won't shy away from putting my hand up for it once Chris (Newman) gives it up," Deledio said.

Deledio made an instant impact with the Tigers after he was drafted with the first pick at the 2004 national draft, winning the following year's rising star award.

He won back-to-back club best and fairest awards in 2008 and 2009. In 2011 he finished runner-up to Trent Cotchin.

After playing his 150th game in the final match of 2011, Deledio was made a life member of the Tigers despite being only 24 years old.

Deledio has missed just four games in his seven-season League career, with the last being in Round 18 of the 2007 season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/131488/default.aspx

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »
Lids you are a gun. :thumbsup