Author Topic: SACK HARDWICK-HIRE CUZZY! -)  (Read 555 times)

Ox

SACK HARDWICK-HIRE CUZZY! -)
« on: July 09, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »

Sorry Dima - ur stance on illegal drugs is to harsh.

UPDATE: TROUBLED former AFL great Ben Cousins has broken his silence after his latest run in with the law and spoken of his hope for a future coaching role with a footy club.

Cousins was last month fined $500 for possession of methamphetamine after an incident at Esperance Airport in Western Australia on March 27.

The one time West Coast Eagle high flier was in possession of 4.56g of methamphetamine when he flew into the town to return to a drug rehabilitation facility.

He was also fined a total of $300 for possession of cannabis and a smoking utensil.

An upbeat Cousins, 33, told Seven news he still loved football, missed being involved in the game, and said a future in coaching appealed to him.

"I do miss it, I miss going to the footy club every day and knocking around with your mates,'' he said.

"I guess the next best thing is probably having a coaching involvement with one of the sides.

"But whether that happens we'll have to wait and see.''

Perth-based Cousins, who has had a long and well-publicised battle with drugs, said he was trying yet again to rebuild his life.

"I am in a rebuilding phase and hopefully some doors can open and kick on because its obviously really important to the family life that I'm trying to lead,'' he said.

Cousins is the father of a nine-month-old son, Bobby with his partner Maylea Tinecheff, and he needs to find work to support his family.

"He is a good size the boy, I was a big kid, but he has been a blessing,'' he said.
(Better check the kids nappies)

"He really has been a good kid, it is one of those amazing things isn't it?''

Cousins believes he has his demons now under control - although he would not shed any light on his rehabilitation - and said he was ready to take a punt on the next phase of his life.

"Things are going well,'' he said.

"Obviously I've had some issues to deal with, but I've got to a point in my life now where I can look forward and positively.''

The former footy star was one of the AFL's most gifted and decorated players in early 2000s, winning the Brownlow Medal in 2005.

He was sacked by the club in 2007 because of his off-field behaviour and suspended for 12 months by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute.

He moved to Melbourne and joined Richmond in 2009 before retiring in

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: SACK HARDWICK-HIRE CUZZY! -)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »
Sack Hardwick full stop and get Malthouse ...

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: SACK HARDWICK-HIRE CUZZY! -)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 01:33:39 AM »
 :lol