Author Topic: Midseason report - Richmond (Herald-Sun)  (Read 824 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Midseason report - Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:26:43 AM »
Every club rated in Mark Robinson's AFL mid-season report

Mark Robinson
    June 23, 2012

SENIOR Herald Sun football writer Mark Robinson rates your club in his AFL mid-season report.

RICHMOND

IT'S crazy to say they believe their own publicity, because the Tigers have been very competitive.

They beat Hawthorn, Sydney and St Kilda to show they can match it. The loss to Fremantle was painful.

Coach Damien Hardwick has demanded effort and aggression - and got it.

Most coaches who have played against them will say how devastating the Tigers are on the spread and how quick their ball movement is.

So we have a team that can attack and defend, even though they have conceded 18 and 19 goals in two matches.

They need a big guy to complement Jack Riewoldt - Brad Miller and Ty Vickery haven't done it.

The midfield is first-class and will get better, and Ivan Maric is probably an All-Australian.

The Tigers have a welcoming draw and if they knock over Adelaide off the break at AAMI Stadium, finals beckon.

Other clubs' midseason reports here: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/every-club-rated-in-mark-robinsons-mid-season-report/story-fn7si01d-1226406040889

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Midseason report - Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
I am sick of hearing this "believe their own publicity" and "the supporters are on the bandwagon". It's eveyone else outside of Richmond and their supporters who are creating the hype. My mates say, "The Tigers let me down this weekend, mate" I reply, " Well try barracking for them for 34 years." They barrack for teams like Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon. i like it when everyone hates us and don't rate us and just leaves us alone. Although i guess the hype helped get us to 50,000 members.