Author Topic: Arrogance  (Read 1729 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Arrogance
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
A strange smell of arrogance has woofted out of the RFC in the last couple of weeks IMO

Firstly when we sacked a player when we are so close to playing finals footy for missing a training session after doing all that hard work and getting his footy life back together by getting off the grog, training hard, getting the trust back from the players and coaching staff, only to be sacked for taking a sleeping pill that the club has given him to take.

Suspending a gun young player for taking a sleeping pill after a few cans of Bourbon on the weekend of his 21st birthday.

Now people, do you think if we had Carlton and Collingwood in the two weeks after this terrible, terrible indiscretion that the RFC would have taken the same stance against these boys? Do you think they thought, this this the perfect chance to prove that we have all the power here and we only have Melbourne and Gold Coast and we should win even with these boys out? They would have thought that Foley would have come back in and that should have been enough to get the two wins.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for trying to teach these KIDS that this sort of behavior is not acceptable but not at the detriment of the side making the finals. We as a club are not in the position to do that yet after too many years of failier!
Wait till the end of the year, fine them a huge chunk of their contracts, make them do something but DO NOT PENALISE THE SIDE AFTER WORKING SO HARD TO GET INTO THIS POSITION!!

And then there was yesterday, leaving Maric out of the side for general soreness was another arrogant call that has cost us a finals spot! These players are professional footballers that have everything at their fingertips to be able to get up every week. We had a bye 3 weeks ago. Its two hours of footy out of the week FFS. At worst he could have started the game, and if we were in a good positon at half time, subbed him off and given Gus the last half of the game. That would have eased Gus back in and more to the point would have not made us play a VFL footballer in Webberley a game. It was a seven day break and it was up against a young side and young ruckman.

Now i cannot help but think if Dimma didn't have a signed contract for next year and he was in a full on fight to keep his spot as our coach that these three arrogant decisions would have been made differently!
Just my take but just sick of falling short all the time. I don't give a flying stuff about who is coach, how much money we make, who we intend to draft next, who we delist, if we are only making up the numbers in the finals, BUT what i do give a stuff about is making the finals for the third time in 30 odd years!
Do that and all else falls into place!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Arrogance
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:46:04 AM »
You think taking drugs not prescribed to you along with alcohol is no drama then?
Lots of people name their swords......

Ruanaidh

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
You think taking drugs not prescribed to you along with alcohol is no drama then?
The other 40 odd players on the list didn't, why should they be disadvantaged! The members didn't! - well possibly present company excluded :P. There could have been any number of sanctions against those two other than costing the club at this crucial point in time. At the end of the season we could have traded Connors no worries at all, that would have been another lesson to Dusty. The whole affair smacks of a desperation borne from Dimma not being able to exert control on or off the field.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »
They were late to training because of it. Club made the right choice in coming down hard on them. You lot are just looking for things to whinge about after a bad loss.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
They were late to training because of it. Club made the right choice in coming down hard on them. You lot are just looking for things to whinge about after a bad loss.
Players miss training all the time for a variety of reasons, even champions like R Harvey did. The individuals should have been punished individually, the side should not have been punished collectively. That is unless there is a cancer we have not been made aware of. 

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
Big Tone I echo your thoughts at last someone with football nous on this site :clapping :help
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »
I'm no made man Owl but no i don't think taking a sleeping pill from a mate is so bad in the world we live in. Call me crazy!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
Willy, just saying it how i see it. If you think that is whinging, you should hear my misses.  :lol

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
It's not arrogance it's ignorance
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
Whilst I agree slightly I still think the decision was the right one.

I don't think we would have suspended Dusty if we had Carlton and Coll, but it wouldn't have helped his development as much as this 2 week suspension would have.

Connors, to be honest I think the club were just hoping they were given a reason so they could get rid of him. His contract was never going to be renewed.
Go Tigers!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
It wasn't arrogance to ban dusty and get rid of connors. It was cracking down hard on them and show the players the club is no joke and they are playing in the AFL.