Author Topic: very few repeated wins  (Read 535 times)

Offline tigerwoods

• Future Richmond star
  • beware the sleeping giant
very few repeated wins
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »
been having a look through at last years results, and how we have stacked up this year in terms of wins and losses.
of the 7 sides we beat last season (having beaten brisbane twice), only 3 of the sides that we beat last year, we have been able to knock off this year (brisbane, sydney and melbourne)
this statistic is fairly concerning given that the ability to sustain solid physical and mental advantages over sides is a sign of improvement.

i admit that we have knocked off some stronger sides in the process this year, such as stkilda, sydney and hawthorn, and a 'bogey' side in the bulldogs, but to me this stat is far from good enough.

Hellenic Tiger

Re: very few repeated wins
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »
You are right in a way as we haven't knocked off Freo North and Adelaide this year but more than likely these sides will make finals. Certain finalists are Adelaide and North by the way. We get a chance to knock Essendon off Friday night who we knocked off last year.

If anything it shows that we need to be more consistent in our games and the improvement the side needs to make to break into the top 8.

Bottom 4-6 sides should not be beating us period regardless of where we play them period.

I think from 12 up anyone can upset anyone on their day just look at Brissie being able to beat Adelaide and West Coast or us beating Sydney and Hawthorn at the G earlier in the year.

The key for us is to develop and maintain a level of consistency and find a mix of players in the list who will be able to stand up at critical times in games and absorb the pressure which alas due to inexperience and a huge tail off in our bottom 6 or so players on game day ahs not hapenned due to their ineptitude and inability to raise themselves to a more consistent and viable level.

Perhaps if some of our players could rather than be the below average plodders they are maybe just maybe we may have won a few of the close ones we didn't against the better sides and definentely won the games in July we narrowly lost and the perspective on our season will without doubt been more rosy than it is now.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: very few repeated wins
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:11:12 AM »
The fact that we havent been flogged by any side this year is a testament to our improvement!
Plenty of sides above us have copped 10 goal beatings his year, I could only imagin the hysterics if we lost to anyone by 10 goals plus :lol
Who would you rather be right now, us or the Bombers? Or Even Carlton? We have showed steady improovment, we have beaten sides we didn't beat last year and we have run every team in the top 8 at moment to very close games. A tweak of the list next season and we can take that extra step, win half our close losses next year and we will be in the 8 very quickly.