Author Topic: Any plumbers here?  (Read 1106 times)

dwaino

Any plumbers here?
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »
Or anyone with a rainwater tank with a mains/tank switch (for washing and flushing and stuff). Sunday arvo before a public holiday so here is a good a place as any at the moment.

Tank is pretty low on water so the switch has switched to mains, but the flow is really low, we got three dunnies and they're taking forever to fill up. Electric motors are my trade so I've already tested everything from the motor control to the flotation switch to whatever and everything electrically is sound - just not enough water so for the first in the 6 months we've lived here it has switched to mains. I've double checked the mains taps and any connected valve to make sure their on but can't for the life of me work out how to increase the flow from a crappy little trickle. Showers and all taps are working sweet because they're hooked onto the primary mains. 

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Any plumbers here?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 04:31:40 PM »

Put your garden hose into your tank and run it full bore to fill your tank up.

:thumbsup

:outtahere
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

dwaino

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 04:45:38 PM »
Garden hose is hooked up to tank in a fashion where it ONLY uses tank water  :( lol. It's a brand new town house. Dumb design  >:(

Rampstar

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »
buy a new house  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »
buy a new house  ;D

That's the plan by the end of this year/start of next  ;) ;D

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »
buy a new house  ;D

Good to see you are supporting the State Govt paying stamp duty in return for...

...absolutely stuffing nothing.

:banghead
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »
buy a new house  ;D

Dwaino why not get a quote from a water carrier to come to your joint and fill up the tank to the level you require.