Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 31. Jake Batchelor?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 31. Jake Batchelor?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »
agree re the Bowdo comparisons...think he fills an important need as that "'tweener" defender...think there  is some upside and agree J2T that he was worth the pick at 30...think he will be a reliable defender for the future and possibly push up to the wing...

as far as his year goes, I would've thought a 6 would be fair
...the fighting fury...

the claw

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »
6. disappoint part of his game this yr was the fumbles hardly ever seemed to be one touch.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
i think you got that in your head and then couldnt see past it craw. Yeah, there were times when he got the fumbles early in the year, but there were plenty of times he was clean too
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 11:39:04 AM »
I thought he was inconsistent last season. Moreso than his 1st year which suggests major upside. I wonder if he maybe got a little ahead of himself last pre season which is why he was overlooked for round 1. Reckon he's way tougher than Bowden with less class but can see the comparisons
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

the claw

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »
i think you got that in your head and then couldnt see past it craw. Yeah, there were times when he got the fumbles early in the year, but there were plenty of times he was clean too
yeah you could be right maybe i started looking for the mistakes. i also agree there were lots of times in games he was clean not saying every time he went to the ball he fumbled just that they were  occuring most games which  for me was  far too often.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
Very good intercept Mark. Has alot of upside to him. Sometimes turns the ball over when not under pressure but usually is a good kick. Agree with WP had abit of the second year blues. Believe he is going to be a very good player

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »

Hurley then went down back & was close to BOG.

And you say that Dimma has favorites!!!!

:lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »
At least mine can play :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »
5.5/10 from me.

Weird season and probably along with Vickery & to a lesser extent Martin was one of the bigger disappointments of the year in terms of expectation meeting output.

Had a few injuries leading into the season but then they tried him on the ball in the NAB cup which was an interesting move by the coaching staff.
It didn't really work and seemed to lose his way a bit from there on.
The one grab confidence of last year went out to lunch and he looked sluggish and bereft of confidence. This continued for several weeks into the year until his bright spot against Hurley Burley which was a timely reminder of his ability.

The calls of getting ahead of himself are probably a bit harsh but perhaps may have realised his limitations as a player. Part of the journey so no issues there.

He has a good intercept grab but currently I definitely prefer Grimes as the third man up in terms of pace, skill and decision making.
So IMO Batchelor still has it ahead of himself to establish himself in the side. Good depth option and will continue to develop.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
Sums it up for me MM, I gave him a 5 because I thought 6 was too generous based on output, not potential.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »
Compared to last year he seemed to drop a little. His tackling was my favourite feature which dropped this year, but hopefully picks back up has plenty of time to