Author Topic: Rampstar's Look @ 2012 National Draft for the Tigers  (Read 2314 times)

Rampstar

Rampstar's Look @ 2012 National Draft for the Tigers
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »
I haven't really engaged in any phantom drafts or done anything like that this year however I have had a look at all the possibilities and have come up with Rampstars drafting guide for Idiots and who we may be happy to see in the yellow & black in 2013 and beyond. I wont put up summaries, I'm sure you all have them and they are all over the place anyway. So here goes

R1 pick 9: Options - Brodie Grundy, Jackson MaCrae, Jonathon O'Rourke Sam Mayes and Nick Vlastuin.
R2 pick 32: Options - Ben Kennedy, Josh Simpson, Sam Colquhoun, Tim Broomhead, Nick Graham, Tim Membrey, Tim O'Brien
R3 pick 34: Options - Max Duffy, Andrew Boston, Cameron Banfield, Liam Byrne,
R4 pick 43: Options - Kyle Martin, Harley Montgomery, Dean Towers, Sam Underwood, Sean Gregory, Tom Temay

Thats my idiots guide to our potential draft picks. Ill be back to see how many got picked by us by others and who didnt get picked at all.

Ruanaidh

Re: Rampstar's Look @ 2012 National Draft for the Tigers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »
I haven't really engaged in any phantom drafts or done anything like that this year however I have had a look at all the possibilities and have come up with Rampstars drafting guide for Idiots and who we may be happy to see in the yellow & black in 2013 and beyond. I wont put up summaries, I'm sure you all have them and they are all over the place anyway. So here goes

R1 pick 9: Options - Brodie Grundy, Jackson MaCrae, Jonathon O'Rourke Sam Mayes and Nick Vlastuin.
R2 pick 32: Options - Ben Kennedy, Josh Simpson, Sam Colquhoun, Tim Broomhead, Nick Graham, Tim Membrey, Tim O'Brien
R4 pick 43: Options - Kyle Martin, Harley Montgomery, Dean Towers, Sam Underwood, Sean Gregory, Tom Temay

Thats my idiots guide to our potential draft picks. Ill be back to see how many got picked by us by others and who didnt get picked at all.
Everyone looking and no-one responding so I will say that if your 4 preferred picks get up I would be very happy.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 06:56:48 PM »
Liam McBean ?

Gigantor

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »
Not bad picks ...well done

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
Gee would love membrey to be around at pick 32 :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
My look.Eff GWS.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:19:34 PM »
If Josh Simpson makes it to 32, I'll be doing cartwheels.

The guy is top 10 talent no doubt.  Just needs a little consistency.  Fast, skilful with a beautiful kick (won the kicking contest at the draft camp).  I know go home factor and all but he is a gun and very much like Daniel Wells.

Already posted highlights in another thread...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:38:12 PM »

The guy is top 10 talent no doubt.  Just needs a little consistency.  Fast, skilful with a beautiful kick (won the kicking contest at the draft camp).  I know go home factor and all but he is a gun and very much like Daniel Wells.

I hope he is nothing like daniel wells. Daniel Wells is an over hyped dud and always has been.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »

I hope he is nothing like daniel wells. Daniel Wells is an over hyped dud and always has been.

Disagree.  Yes he is overhyped but he is not a dud.  Get the ball in his hands and he creates havoc for opposing teams.  Consistency has always been his problem, not talent.

Another link to him...  http://www.contestedfooty.com/2012/09/josh-simpson-2012-afl-draft-prospect/
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »
Wells has been fairly super for the last 2 or 3 years. Prior to that he was Richie Tambling's uncle

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »
Yep. He's put it all together in recent years and produced some devastating games of footy. Was woefully inconsistent prior to that. Injuries hampered his 2012 campaign.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 04:41:53 AM »

Thats my idiots

All.superior to toy?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »

Thats my idiots

All.superior to toy?

A lot of them would be.  I don't rate Toy.

the claw

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »

would be happy with any of those at 9 grundy would solve a lot of long term problems. while stringer is my choice here. grundy  wont get to us though well i cant see him getting to us.
pretty good list though.

dont think kennedy  or simpson will be there at 32/34  would add sam lowrie to this group. think duffy a bit of a reach at  34 good chance he will still be there after 50 one reason why i was wishing for another pick around here.
at 43 towers would be great. kyle martin is another mature player who would have seriously looked at with a pick after 50 55.

Rampstar

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
I always try and include some names that not many others have in phantom drafts and some of selections are often not what is often put forward by others. My smokies for this draft are Liam Byrne and Sam Underwood as well as Harley Montgomery. I dont think alot of people are included these in there phantoms so Itll be interesting to see how it works out. Duffy may be a reach but some are saying that he really is really talented and if a club can get him to be focused on football he may turn out real good. On the other point about players not being there sure some will get taken early but Im not overly fussed for example if we ended up with say Grundy, Graham, Banfield  and say Temay even though some of these I have as my least preferred options.