Author Topic: Breaking the Set  (Read 1163 times)

Ruanaidh

Breaking the Set
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
I have been watching this News Channel for some time now. In fact it is the only one I watch. Abbey Martin is not only 'easy on the eye' she is highly intelligent and provides insights you would never see aired on Mainstream Media. Enjoy and please pass it on to friends:

http://www.breakingtheset.com/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Breaking the Set
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »
Seeing the thread title, my first thoughts were that the thread was about some dopey footy journo saying something stupid about the Tiges lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 12:08:10 AM »
Thought it was about Footy Classified.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:00 AM »
Thought it was about a boob job

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »
There certainly seems to be plenty of money invested in this show. RT Are a Russian media firm. Call me cynical, but when a large amount of money is poured into a media organisiation, certain outcomes would be expected by investors.

A quote from the corporate profile...

"Apart from regular news updates, RT offers a unique insight into many aspects of Russian history, culture and opinions. Our special projects are specifically tailored to accustom the international audience with the Russian perspective."

So whilst the Anchor Abby Martin appears to be some sort of hell raiser, IMO she is just another puppet dancing to someone else's tune. I wonder what that tune is?? Certainly isn't Yankee doodle dandy.  ;D

Ruanaidh

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 12:20:40 PM »

So whilst the Anchor Abby Martin appears to be some sort of hell raiser, IMO she is just another puppet dancing to someone else's tune. I wonder what that tune is?? Certainly isn't Yankee doodle dandy.  ;D
That's why I did some research into Abbey Martin and her guests and found for the most part that they were just journo's, researchers, individuals frozen out of the Corporate Media who just wanted their voice heard. Abbey has a long history of activism. I've watched 100 episodes and have not found any evidence of Russian propaganda thus far. Though you are right to have doubts. I have, however, found a intelligent critique of the American Government and it's fellow travellers not heard elsewhere.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:09:46 PM by Ruanaidh »

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
It's on RT  :thumbsup don't know anything about this program but support most of the shows I have seen on RT via YouTube.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »

That's why I did some research into Abbey Martin and her guests and found for the most part the were just journo's, researchers, individuals frozen out of the Corporate Media who just wanted their voice heard. Abbey has a long history of activism. I've watched 100 episodes and have not found any evidence of Russian propaganda thus far. Though you are right to have doubts. I have, however, found a intelligent critique of the American Government and it's fellow travellers not heard elsewhere.

Thanks for that Ruanaidh. Personally I enjoy the stabs at the US Political system and I am a big fan of the Zeitgeist clips on youtube and other conspiracy theories, so I will take your advice and watch some more of Breaking the set but I will still remain circumspect when watching it.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »

That's why I did some research into Abbey Martin and her guests and found for the most part the were just journo's, researchers, individuals frozen out of the Corporate Media who just wanted their voice heard. Abbey has a long history of activism. I've watched 100 episodes and have not found any evidence of Russian propaganda thus far. Though you are right to have doubts. I have, however, found a intelligent critique of the American Government and it's fellow travellers not heard elsewhere.

....... but I will still remain circumspect when watching it.
Fair enough too :thumbsup.....BTW there is a torrent doing the rounds called "Ceasar's Messiah". It has as a consultant 'Acharya S' whose research
into archaic religion/spirituality was quoted in the Zeitgeist movie. 'Money as Debt' is another great 'doco',......but I digress - which is my want when discussing such matters.