Author Topic: Your club's guide to list management - Richmond (afl site)  (Read 1711 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Your club's guide to list management - Richmond (afl site)
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
Your club's guide to list management

Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
Wednesday, July 3, 2013

RICHMOND

WHAT THEY NEED:
The Tigers need to regenerate their ruck stocks, with 30-year-old Orren Stephenson close to retirement and currently the only back-up option for Ivan Maric. A list of potentially available ruckmen is forming, with North Melbourne's Daniel Currie a likely target. Currie, 24, has not been able to break into the Kangaroos' side behind Todd Goldstein, but his tap work is highly regarded. Gold Coast's Daniel Gorringe and the Brisbane Lions' Billy Longer are young ruckmen on the radar.     

CROSSROADS:
Tall forward Luke McGuane started the season in a blaze of glory, kicking nine goals in the opening month. His output dried up, however, and the unrestricted free agent has been out of the side for the past four matches. Small forward Robin Nahas has also found himself on the outer for the first time in three years, playing five games and being used at times as the substitute.   

TIME TO GO?
Rookie recruits Sam Lonergan (two games) and Ricky Petterd (five games) haven't received consistent opportunities and might test the waters come season's end. Speedster Matt White is another who remains on the fringe as the club's young midfielders emerge. Key position player Ben Griffiths, who has earned games at both ends of the ground in previous seasons, has only played once this year (in round one) and may question when he will get his chance to bed down a consistent role in the team.   

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-03/your-clubs-list-management-guide

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Your club's guide to list management - Richmond (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:29:46 PM »
Hard call on Petterd, injured most of the year. :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 12:33:47 PM »
Hardly a required player.

dwaino

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »
Longer donger  :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »
na he is a  bum bandit

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
Ill be serious for a moment and say what I would want:
Lonergan, not fussed if they delist
Matty white, keep
Petterd, not sure
Griffiths keep

Trade nahas and mcguane if possible. Maybe to doggies
See if we can lure currie or longer
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »
Hard call on Petterd, injured most of the year. :-\

Had a month at the start of the year and showed little after a good pre season.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
of course he s a required player, his performances have been solid, first game back at vfl after 6 week lay off , 30 possies. He s next cab off the rank should we need a defender, i want him in before astbury
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »
Pets getting a hard wrap by some. Good insurance as a rookie couldn't ask for much more

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:07 PM »
Some of the stuff on here is great.
If Pettard is ahead of Dea S the next cab off the rank? :help
Astbury still has hope and I still have hope for Griff but the clock is ticking.
I would give Pettard a run up forward if Azza's form drops away.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »
of course he s a required player, his performances have been solid, first game back at vfl after 6 week lay off , 30 possies. He s next cab off the rank should we need a defender, i want him in before astbury

Dea..

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
I think all of  Pettard, Big O and Lonegan have done enough to stay on the rookie list next year. We have been lucky with injuries this year so far (touch wood) but these three not only are insurance for that but they also both put pressure on those just ahead of them. The likes of Whitey, Jackson, Grigg, Houli, Foley all have been pretty good this year because if they are not, they will loose their spot in the team and I'm pretty sure Big Ivan is happy for a rest at times.
Most other years our rookies wouldn't get a game for Balwyn, so just because these three are not 18 years old or come from clubs you don't like doesn't mean it's time to say goodbye just because they haven't played 16 games. Really smart move by the club IMO. Our list has three extra players to choose from this year as apposed to last.
Also the chance of picking a kid up that is any good in the rookie draft is pretty slim, we can barely get our second pick in the national draft right so again it's smart business what we did this year. Pick kids in the draft and these types in the rookie draft and we will be using every opportunity we have of putting a competitive 22 out every week.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »
I think all of  Pettard, Big O and Lonegan have done enough to stay on the rookie list next year. We have been lucky with injuries this year so far (touch wood) but these three not only are insurance for that but they also both put pressure on those just ahead of them. The likes of Whitey, Jackson, Grigg, Houli, Foley all have been pretty good this year because if they are not, they will loose their spot in the team and I'm pretty sure Big Ivan is happy for a rest at times.
Most other years our rookies wouldn't get a game for Balwyn, so just because these three are not 18 years old or come from clubs you don't like doesn't mean it's time to say goodbye just because they haven't played 16 games. Really smart move by the club IMO. Our list has three extra players to choose from this year as apposed to last.
Also the chance of picking a kid up that is any good in the rookie draft is pretty slim, we can barely get our second pick in the national draft right so again it's smart business what we did this year. Pick kids in the draft and these types in the rookie draft and we will be using every opportunity we have of putting a competitive 22 out every week.

Completely agree. These are sound 'low cost' acquisitions for a young list. Many tried to use them as scapegoats when we were losing to good teams earlier in the year, but they were wrong.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »
There's a lot of angst from the "experts" today in regards to Carlscums list in particular there is some concern in Yarran's output this year.

The scum already have more consistency from Betts & Garlett, its clear that Malthouse agrees with the "experts" sentiments that Yarran isn't giving his all.

I'd reckon we could snare him with maybe a third round and possibly White.

I think Yarran would slot in nicely at Tigerland.  :thumbsup

....and it would be awesome to have him snag a half dozen every time he plays his old side.   :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »

Agreed, unless we believe that a state leaguer is a much better option than one of the rookies.  Chris Cain, for example.