Author Topic: GWS v Demons  (Read 1490 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
GWS v Demons
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
I went to the GWS v Demons game yesterday and whilst Melbourne were deplorable, GWS played some pretty good footy. We cannot take them lightly as they are starting to gel as a unit and the young players match fitness has certainly improved over the past few weeks.

In saying that, they have some glaring weaknesses that we can capitalise on in our upcoming game. They seriously overuse the footy in the backline and when they can't find an avenue out, they almost always kick backwards and go for the switch. I couldn't believe Neil Craig did not capitalise on this. One thing GWS did really well was provide space for Cameron. This kid is an absolute gun. As soon as they cracked the Demons forward Defensive press, it was almost always a one on one contest which Cameron is very good at winning.
As GWS were overusing the footy it sucked the Demons players in leaving space over the back for Cameron. Now it was more good luck and than good management that got GWS through the press, but when they did they scored at almost every opportunity. Hampton, Shiel, Smith, Ward and Treloar, once they got their act together provided good run through the corridor. Hampton especially proved to be quite elusive. We are a much better forward defensive team than the Dee's so our one on one forward defensive efforts should prevent too many players being sucked into the contest and therefore not giving GWS the space
they need for their running game.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: GWS v Demons
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
I went to the GWS v Demons game yesterday

You poor thing

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »
I went to the GWS v Demons game yesterday

You poor thing

Yeah I know, but when you live in NSW and you are starved of footy action, you do desperate things.  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »
Yes have to suffocate them