Author Topic: Shaun Grigg signs a two-year contract extension (RFC)  (Read 4298 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Shaun Grigg signs a two-year contract extension (RFC)
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »
Well unless you have some insight you wish to share here WP it really can't be used to support your argument here or for me to debate against now can it. A bit like eluding to information drawn from Club 80 function hey WP  :P

Not sure what you mean with the Club80 reference Stripes. Yep I sometimes go to Club80, they ask not repeat what goes on (whether people agree with that is a whole different debate), so I don't and don't believe I elude to anything. But if you disagree fair enough your take  :thumbsup

I chose not to talk about what gets said at pre-match briefings for a couple of reasons.

One is a completely selfish one and that is I pay a fair whack of change for that package and the privileges that go with it so you are correct in that no I don't "share" or discuss. The second is a case of simply not wanting to come across as being a smart you know what or better than anyone esle because of the type of memrbership I have. And trust me I've copped some whacks over the years so I am a bit "gun shy".

But what I will say is this every player has a defined role and then there are team rules within those roles. These are the non-neogtiables and actually Chuck mentioned them earlier. The key is players knowing when to apply them

So unless you are prepared to accept what I've said on face value then again you are probably corrrect the discussion is over  ;D

:cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 09:08:38 PM »
Grigg seems to do what he's told but takes little initiative which can cost you close games
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »

One is a completely selfish one and that is I pay a fair whack of change for that package and the privileges that go with it so you are correct in that no I don't "share" or discuss. The second is a case of simply not wanting to come across as being a smart you know what or better than anyone esle because of the type of memrbership I have. And trust me I've copped some whacks over the years so I am a bit "gun shy".

I'm not arguing your reasoning as that's how you feel, but I don't like these pre match things being for the people who fork out more money. Yes you deserve something extra for your support but it shouldn't be something other members can't have access to, if you get what I mean

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »

I'm not arguing your reasoning as that's how you feel, but I don't like these pre match things being for the people who fork out more money. Yes you deserve something extra for your support but it shouldn't be something other members can't have access to, if you get what I mean

Understand what you mean.

But to get the folks to fork out the extra $$$ they have to offer extra incentives. This is one of those things. Can I say it's not something that happens every home game there are only 4 a year.

Those in 3121 get players interviewed pre-match as part of their package, they pay extra, they have to get something. You that be taken from them as well?

For the cost I think you'd need to come up with a number of things (big ticket) to entice people to join. The pre-match briefings is that thing that ironically costs the club nothing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2013, 01:22:46 PM »

Understand what you mean.

But to get the folks to fork out the extra $$$ they have to offer extra incentives. This is one of those things. Can I say it's not something that happens every home game there are only 4 a year.

Those in 3121 get players interviewed pre-match as part of their package, they pay extra, they have to get something. You that be taken from them as well?

For the cost I think you'd need to come up with a number of things (big ticket) to entice people to join. The pre-match briefings is that thing that ironically costs the club nothing

Yeah I get what you mean, you (people forking out $$) do deserve something extra and no matter what it is I'm sure someone somewhere won't like that they are missing out and for this it's me (don't get me wrong I don't want to have a whinge about it). But someone like me who works part-time to pay for his increasing education debt (hopefully not long now :pray) would love a chance to get some insight info but because I don't have the money I can't. Although it doesn't really effect me because I can only make Sunday home games anyway ;D.