Author Topic: smoking  (Read 1955 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: smoking
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 02:23:55 AM »
Started smoking at 17

First tried to quit when I was around 22 ...lasted around 5 hours.

Had my first serious attempt when I was 25 ....lasted 6 months , I then decided I could have one every now and then...was a pack a day smoker again before I knew it.

Next decade I spent trying to quit...would last 2 weeks here 2 months there. One stage I was addicted to nicabate lossenges.

All up I must of had around 20 unsuccessful attempts...then one day , four years ago I just stopped and have not looked back.

This year I celebrated my 40 th birthday with running a half marathon.

Don't miss smoking at all.
Unleash the tornado

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: smoking
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
Yep 10 years ago, probably the main point is you have to really want too and you will.
I got the book from quit and thought it was pretty stupid, put it away and dragged it out every now and then while I continued to smoke.
After about a year gave it a go, it's hard at first but it gets easier, unfortunately after about 6 months or so hit a bit if a rough patch and at that stage thinking it wasn't that hard gave myself a passage yo have 1 or 2 when I had a beer, big MISTAKE that was and before long was back on em.
Was so angry with myself 2nd time I got the lowest nico patch and wore it for the first week and yep pretty much went cold turkey from there, never touched one since and won't.
The patches take the edge off, but like I said you've got to want it.. We are creatures of habit, break the habit and you're on the way good luck