Author Topic: Who can make the biggest impact in 2014 after injury in 2013? ..... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1004 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
SuperFooty takes a look at some AFL regulars ready to make an impact after injury in 2013

Ben Broad
    News Limited Network
    January 19, 2014 5:00PM

INJURIES. They can make or break any AFL club's season.

That's why when pre-season matches get under way at training in coming weeks - and the NAB Challenge starts next month - it will be through anxious eyes that fans watch, hoping their stars simply 'get through' unscathed.

Below we take a look at some of the familiar names from each club who, due to injury, endured more than their share of time in the rehab room in 2013.

This season, some of those players be like a new recruit to their club - providing they can stay healthy.

Some are superstars of the game, others regulars who will slot straight back into their side's best. Others may not yet have proven themself at their club, could be just need that lucky break (pardon the pun) to establish himself and, who knows, turn himself into a regular and make a difference for your club.

RICHMOND

Dylan Grimes (9), Chris Knights (5)

WE SAY: Grimes had hamstring and foot ailments last year but will shore up the Tigers defence. A fit Knights, at his best if he can rediscover that, would be a bonus for the yellow and black's attacking half.

www.heraldsu.com.au/sport/afl/superfooty-takes-a-look-at-some-afl-regulars-ready-to-make-an-impact-after-injury-in-2013/story-fni5f22o-1226805286924?from=trendinglinks

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Actually we haven't heard anything about how Grimes is going on the training trac so far....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Actually we haven't heard anything about how Grimes is going on the training trac so far....

Which is a good thing  ;D

Seriously though he is training with the main group, not in the rehab group this year from what I've been told
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame

Seriously though he is training with the main group, not in the rehab group this year from what I've been told

Been in full training for last few weeks.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Been in full training for last few weeks.

Excellent, thanks mate!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Grimes was in the rehab group, lol.  I thought he was injury free after the end of last year

Geez Geez
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!

Tripped over a display plinth at Myer whilst shopping for Moon Boots.  Ironic...  :shh

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fingers crossed for them both. Knights was looking promising IMO and Grimes probably not great this year but he's had a horror run and been very solid when fit.

Could be a real difference if they stay fit :D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
People stick the boots into Astbury but my guess is that he will end up playing more games in 'Grimes spot' that Dylan does unless he gets his body right quickly. Astbury has had his fair share of injuries but Grimes' body appears to be made of wet paper half the time. He is that more instinctive footballer in that third tall defensive spot but Astbury showed enough in his spot to show that he is a handy replacement.

Now if they can both just stay on the park......