Author Topic: Dipper meets Kayne Pettifer (AFL Record)  (Read 692 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dipper meets Kayne Pettifer (AFL Record)
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:46:13 PM »
Dipper meets Kayne Pettifer
7:40:40 PM Fri 30 June, 2006
Dipper
AFL Record

KAYNE PETTIFER
The Richmond star likes a bit of everything in his life ... from chick flicks to shooting.

We always call you the kid from Kyabram. How does that sit with you?

It's good, obviously with me being a country boy. It's just a bit of fun. We've had 20 or 30 players come from there.

You look to have stepped up a couple of notches this year.

I probably had my first full pre-season. We're playing an exciting brand of football and my form's been a bit more consistent. I'm just really enjoying my football now.
When you get the ball, the first thing you look at is the goals. Do you love kicking goals?

I do love kicking a goal. If I'm in range and I can't pass it off, then I try and put it through the big sticks.

Can you remember your first touch in the AFL?

It was against Sydney at Telstra Dome. My first kick went to Paul Broderick, he kicked it back to me and I kicked a goal with my second kick.

What's the best part of your game?

My kicking – and my marking this year.

You took a ripper against the Crows in round eight.

I think I'm up there in the marks for the competition (he is ranked equal second with 104), which is what I've been trying to work on playing half-forward.

Tell us one thing we don't know about you …

Everyone says I'm a bit of a metrosexual and I get bagged a bit for always doing my hair and the clothes I wear, but once I get out of the big smoke, my mates and I always go pig-hunting and shooting in Kyabram.

Pig-hunting! How often do you go?

Chris Hyde and I go shooting probably once a fortnight. We duck out on our day off.

How many guns do you own?

Probably 10. I've got a licence for them all.

Would you go on Big Brother?

I'd rather go on Australian Idol because I reckon I can sing a bit.

What would you sing?

I sang Wonderwall on The Footy Show. I wouldn't do that again, but I'd probably sing a Justin Timberlake one. They're the only ones where I know all the words.

Nicole Kidman or Naomi Watts?

Naomi Watts – I'm not a big fan of redheads.

When was the last time you cried?

Watching the movie The Notebook with my girlfriend.

What's your worst ever haircut?

When I cut it short, because I'm going bald. 'Richo' (Matthew Richardson) reckons I've got to grow my hair long because it's all falling out.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=277345