Author Topic: Patrick Dangerfield  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Patrick Dangerfield
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »
Chris Newman is finished, Nathan Foley is finished and Jake King should also retire at the end of this season. Newman as a past captain would be on about $300k, Foley as a favorite son would be on at least $250k and King would probably be on $200k a year. Thats $750,000 a year straight of the bat that could go to paying a "Big Fish".

Dangerfield is the right age and the right capacity as a player to be that big fish. The club would probably have a little bit of room in the salary cap to increase on the $750k as well. Maybe a 5 year deal at $900k a year or $4.5 million over the 5 years would be enough to get Dangerfield to agree to come to us.

Heard Foley was on about 300k a season, and I'd be pretty confident that newman is on more than the average afl wage. think 750k is underselling, would think its closer to 900k for those 3.

Probably about right for Foley TM, although he might have taken less for the extra time (3 yrs).  Newman also might have taken less this time given his age and probable short shelf life left in the game.  If Kingy has signed a contract with a minimum games clause then I wouldn't expect him to be on much more than 200k but regardless of all that, the other thing to consider is that if we replace 3 with 1 in the cap then we still need to fund 2 replacement players and even if they are draftees then that will still be close to $200k extra room needed.  I'm pretty confident (gut feeling, no facts) that we've still got a bit of room in our cap to move but it is a factor that may or may not have an influence on what the club can do/afford.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 02:13:15 PM »
We'd better be talking to this bloke.

For a club with so few bonafide guns on our list surely there's the money.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »
was discussing this with a mate at the game. Would throw a Million bux his way over 6 years. Nothing less.

He is a gun and skills will not succum to the tigeritis desease as Lids hasnt, thank god.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »
Dangerfield will only go to Geelong if he ever leaves Adelaide....besides....why the stuff would any quality player worth their salt want to come to us? 

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
true, just hoping i guess.

Can you imagine if we continue this downward trend in 12 months. Dusty and Cotchin will say adhious amigos no more soup for you poo idiots.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2014, 02:54:31 PM »
true, just hoping i guess.

Can you imagine if we continue this downward trend in 12 months. Dusty and Cotchin will say adhious amigos no more soup for you poo idiots.

That's a very real possibilty IMO. There's reason - particularly with Cotchin - that they only re-signed for two years.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
That's exactly why i say this year is so important, probably more important than next .

We bust out this year as i expect us too, and its going to turn to poo next year big time.

Early losses, Hardwicks head on a platter, Cotchin talks on hold = Richmond FC imploding as we have seen before.

il call it now we will be on the front page of every newspaper come round 2 after the blues beat us.

must finish in the 8 this year.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2014, 03:26:17 PM »
We are due for a big fish

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »
We are due for a big fish

Salmon to replace Hardwick.

- Thomas Sowell

dwaino

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »