Author Topic: "Mutiny" during the Wallace years (Mark Stevens on Ch 7)  (Read 340 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"Mutiny" during the Wallace years (Mark Stevens on Ch 7)
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »
Apparently Terry Wallace today on the radio, for some strange reason, brought up that during his third year as coach (2007), Kane Johnson (then captain) and Troy Simmonds went to him stating that they had a vote of no confidence in him as coach.

Mark Stevens asked Richo, who was on the Ch7 footy panel tonight, if this was true. Richo said that while that may be what Terry recollects, he knew nothing about it; he knew the captain and coach had regular meetings so that was not unusual and that Terry coached for a couple of years more past his third year. Richo found it odd it was brought up after all this time and that both Kane and Troy would find it odd as well. He said it's time to move on and let the past go.

Mark Stevens tried to make a big deal about it  ::) but Richo rightly couldn't care less and didn't want a bar of it.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: "Mutiny" during the Wallace years (Mark Stevens on Ch 7)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 11:46:04 PM »
It was brought up on SEN today perhaps, I heard wallet talking about his time with the tigers.
Being approached by Newy and Pushup etc....
They used to do reminiscing with Wallsy but now he's gone, they do it with Wallet.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: "Mutiny" during the Wallace years (Mark Stevens on Ch 7)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 11:51:08 PM »
It was brought up on SEN today perhaps, I heard wallet talking about his time with the tigers.
Being approached by Newy and Pushup etc....
They used to do reminiscing with Wallsy but now he's gone, they do it with Wallet.
Cheers EEA.

The alleged Kingy approach was in 2009 (Plough's final year). The one they were talking about tonight was back in 2007.