Author Topic: Hardwick a no-fuss, caring family man away from footy (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1402 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Hardwick a no-fuss, caring family man away from footy (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 11:39:44 AM »
Ty for the insult that's pretty damning coming from you  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Rampstar

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »
thats ok Bj for you my friend its comes absolutely free of charge  ;D

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 01:38:45 PM »
Well I enjoyed reading that. I went to school with Dimma and as someone said in that article, he would have been the last person you think would become a coach. He was quite and shy but the one thing that  was clear he was he was our best player. And we had some pretty talented kids  :whistle
A couple went on to play AFL with Dimma and some others didn't have the dedication.

I remember one day playing a school from Dandenong and they were punching the poo out of most of us skinny Catholic boys and a fight broke out on the wing, and one our our boys got hit by a bloke twice the size of any of us but Dimma out of nowhere turned around and smack him in the mouth and in all my life I have never heard a louder crack. He was a skinny kid but he was never scared.

I really hope he turns things around for this club, he is a nice guy but if he is to turn it around I think he may have to make some tough calls. The kid I grew up with definitely had it in him, I hope he still has.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »
I was at my  golf club early one morning polishing my clubs and this guy came up to me, I don't where he was from and I didn't know where he was going but he told me you have a great coach , from that I thought whoa , we ve got a good one here folks  :shh

dwaino

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »
I was at my  golf club early one morning polishing my clubs and this guy came up to me, I don't where he was from and I didn't know where he was going but he told me you have a great coach , from that I thought whoa , we ve got a good one here folks  :shh

I hate it when someone tries talking to me when I'm polishing my club.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »

Well that settles it - if some random bloke on a golf course reckons so...."polishing your clubs" eh? Obviously a euphemism.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:15:10 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »

I hate it when someone tries talking to me when I'm polishing my club.

You might want to wear some ear muffs then  :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »
 :lol