Author Topic: Dan Richardson on SEN - 17/10/2014  (Read 762 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dan Richardson on SEN - 17/10/2014
« on: October 17, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »
Dan Richardson on SEN's Morning Glory today ....

AUDIO: https://soundcloud.com/sen1116/dan-richardson-on-morning-glory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trengove, Armitage & pick 12
Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
17 Oct 2014

Richmond did not make one move in the trade period, however it was not through a lack of trying, according to general football operations manager Dan Richardson.

The Tigers were very close to trading their first round pick for Melbourne midfielder Jack Trengove but the likely deal was called off due to the former captain re-aggravating a serious foot injury.

“We certainly looked at it, and that would be something that would fit with what we’re about, which is to bring a quality midfielder into our ranks.

“We were all set to go in a lot of ways but the last scan just showed that it wasn’t looking quite as good as first thought,” Richardson said on SEN’s Morning Glory.

He also pointed out that every club makes several inquiries on players around the league that often never become public knowledge.

“We certainly made some inquiries to St Kilda but that was knocked on the head pretty quickly by them, they didn’t have any interest in trading David.

“There are a lot of those discussions that take place, some of them become public, many don’t.”

Richardson said the club would be targeting midfielders in the national draft.

The Tigers have picks 12, 33, 52, 70 and three other later picks.

“Having that extra ball-winning midfielder will be an option and it looks like around that pick 12 there are three or four players we’re interested in that we hope will get through to that pick.

“And some genuine outside speed is probably where we will go later on in the draft.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/dan-richardson-on-trengove-armitage-pick-12

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
David Armitage’s possible trade to Richmond knocked back by St Kilda

Al Paton
Herald-Sun
October 17, 2014 11:36AM

RICHMOND has admitted a possible David Armitage move to Tigerland was knocked back by St Kilda during trade talks.

The Tigers ended the trade period with no players coming or going but it has now emerged they targeted the Saints hard nut as well as former Melbourne co-captain Jack Trengove.

There is also speculation Richmond had interest in Adelaide veteran Scott Thompson as it tried to add midfield depth to help Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio and Dustin Martin.

Football manager Dan Richardson today moved to reassure frustrated fans that the quiet trade period wasn’t for lack of trying.

“Often in these sort of situations you do a lot of hard work and sometimes it doesn’t come to fruition necessarily, but in saying that we’re comfortable with the path we’re on which is to retrain our draft picks and get some good young talent into our club come draft time,” he said on SEN radio.

“To Richmond people out there rest assured we worked hard ... if you look back we’ve made more changes to our list since 2009 than most other clubs and at some stage you’ve got to bring the right talent into the club through the draft. Now the pressure is on our recruiting staff to do that come November.”

The club denied talk of an Armitage approach early in the trade period but Richardson admitted today the Tigers had asked about the 26-year-old.

“We certainly made some inquiries to St Kilda but that was knocked on the head pretty quickly by them, they didn’t have any interest in trading David,” he said on SEN radio.

“There are a lot of those discussions that take place, some of them become public, many don’t.”

After the Armitage approach was rejected Richmond set its sights on Trengove but that deal fell through when scans revealed he had more damage to his foot.

“We were all set to go in a lot of ways but the last scan just showed that it wasn’t looking quite as good as first thought,” Richardson said.

“We were disappointed about that because we did put a bit of work into that and Jack was, I think, pretty keen to come to the Tiges.”

He said Richmond would aim to add a classy midfielder with pick 12 in next month’s draft and recruit some outside speed with later picks.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/david-armitages-possible-trade-to-richmond-knocked-back-by-st-kilda/story-fndv8t7m-1227093618190

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dan Richardson on SEN - 17/10/2014
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
Outside speed music to my ears

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »
I'm glad the club stuck to a plan - even if it wasn't quite able to execute. Coterie groups have had too much say in the club for far too long and now we have similar rhetoric on this forum from pretenders who have little or no idea.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:13:04 PM by one-eyed »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Rampstar

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 10:35:14 PM »
I'm glad the club stuck to a plan - even if it wasn't quite able to execute. Coterie groups have had too much say in the club for far too long and now we have similar rhetoric on this forum from pretenders who have little or no idea.

And its the so called experts that you believe in that have delivered exactly how many flags lets say over the last 30 years? I reckon the answer is a big FAT

ZERO

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 10:42:11 PM »
More from Dan Richardson:

* The reason we had interest in Jack [Trengove] was for midfield depth, and real class in the midfield, to add to the likes of Cotchin and Miles. Particularly in a contested ball-winning capacity, so the likes of Dustin (Martin), Brett Deledio, Reece Conca and Brandon Ellis can play a little bit more on the outside.

* Around that pick 12 there’s three or four players we’re interested in, that we hope will get through to that pick. Then some genuine outside speed will probably be the way we go later in the draft.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-17/tigers-aim-to-add-midfield-youth

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 10:55:31 PM »
I'd like to see Martin playing more inside.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 12:17:07 AM »

I think so too, although I like him on the outside too so it doesn't bother me that much. We shouldn't be trying to make Conca more outside, poor kick of the footy and he's pretty hard at it. Should be making him more inside

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 12:55:39 AM »

I think so too, although I like him on the outside too so it doesn't bother me that much. We shouldn't be trying to make Conca more outside, poor kick of the footy and he's pretty hard at it. Should be making him more inside

Definitely agree with that.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 01:29:07 AM »
Ballsy effort from Dan to open the interview with this little gem... ' Yeh me and Blair just sat back , relaxed , and waited for something to happen....but nothing did '
 I wonder how many tiger supporters listening to that enjoyed Dan's sense of humour ?

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 08:47:01 AM »
 :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 08:49:48 AM »
Ballsy effort from Dan to open the interview with this little gem... ' Yeh me and Blair just sat back , relaxed , and waited for something to happen....but nothing did '
 I wonder how many tiger supporters listening to that enjoyed Dan's sense of humour ?

Was there not mention of surf boards of fishing rods?

Wankers.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
:lol what a troll