Author Topic: Advetising  (Read 2573 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Advetising
« on: April 04, 2015, 01:40:10 AM »
Those that went, particulary ground level, was that advertising as annoying for you as it was me? drove me insane at times...booooo

dwaino

Re: Advetising
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 03:20:09 AM »
Oh yeah was going to mention this too. Level 1 and can be hard to watch now with the new digital signage. We were the same row, only a bay over from our reserved seats so will take some time adjusting.

dwaino

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 03:30:51 AM »
Just reading MCG twitter and apparently was a common complaint. Too bright so hopefully they dim them.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 08:16:00 AM »
Worst part for me was that it changed at some inappropriate times (running in for a set shot at goal) and because it was soooo bright it was distracting.  It certainly gets your attention when it changes.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Advertising
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 08:29:09 AM »

Will be interested to see what we do with it next week.

Match is on during the day so it should be less intrusive, I hope.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »
Worst part for me was that it changed at some inappropriate times (running in for a set shot at goal) and because it was soooo bright it was distracting.  It certainly gets your attention when it changes.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:46 AM »
Is this why we missed so many shots on goal ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 01:15:52 PM »
Those that went, particulary ground level, was that advertising as annoying for you as it was me? drove me insane at times...booooo
I noticed it more than ever, has it changed since last season? why do they roll a change 4 times per minute. if it stayed for at least a few minutes at a time it would be more bearable , what a stuffen joke
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 02:40:18 PM »
It has changed, bojo. Last year they used rolling ads, now they've upgraded to LED signage. Aesthetically looks great imo but just a bit too bright and distracting at times.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 03:33:14 PM »

Agree.

When a player lines up for goal he does not need bright red Carlton draught advertising in his face.
Noticed it for Griff in the first, but by the end I think they rectified it.

Won't be as noticeable in day games.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »
Same as adelaides old ground, poo me to tears, very distracting

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 10:21:25 PM »
League concedes LED lights too bright at MCG opener

Travis King 
afl.com.au
April 8, 2015

THE AFL will tweak its new match-day experience initiatives to suit supporters, after admitting LED lighting at the MCG was too bright during last Thursday's season-opening blockbuster between Carlton and Richmond.

A huge crowd of 83,493 saw the Blues kick-off their pre-game entertainment with a bang, highlighted by fireworks exploding as the team ran onto the ground and the return of Captain Carlton in a hovercraft.

Speaking to AFL.com.au, the League's general manager of clubs and AFL operations, Travis Auld said he was impressed with Carlton's efforts and stated fans' feedback across the opening round was "really positive".

However, he admitted there were some teething problems.

Some fans complained about loud audio during the breaks in play, while Auld revealed the LED signage had to be dimmed during the Carlton-Richmond match.

"There's no doubt on Thursday night some of the creative was a bit bright and we actually dialed it back there and then," Auld said.

"Thursday night was always going to be a bit of a test for us, and we probably need two or three rounds to settle it in.

"I think fans understand it will take a little bit to get used to."

Auld said not distracting supporters from the match was the AFL's priority after the installation of the LED lights at the MCG and Etihad Stadium.

The redeveloped Adelaide Oval used similar lighting for Crows and Power home games last year.

"We want to make sure that we're not interrupting the game," Auld said.

"We're really clear about that and that will mean that throughout the early parts of the season we keep adjusting and listening to our supporters.

"But we've already seen that it can improve the atmosphere significantly on match-day.

"We did some other things around the audio we're going to play around with a bit more as the season progresses.

"This is part of introducing new ideas; there's always teething problems. But significantly the most overwhelming feedback has been really positive."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-08/led-lights