Author Topic: Help  (Read 4302 times)

Moi

Help
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:49:26 PM »
I've got a spyware problem which has infiltrated and taken over my PC.
When removing it they say turn off PC straight away which i did to remove it, but as soon as i turn on PC again it's still there, even though they said they had removed it.
The name is "INetSpeak Websearch Adware" - if anyone can tell me what to do next would be appreciated.
Had once before and i had to reconfigure machine back to factory settings.

Running a Norton scan on it at the moment but i know it will take yonks - any advice in the meantime would be most gratefully received.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 07:25:30 AM »
NFI - Sorry Moi - So much krap out there that attacks computers, so many different ways they can F up your PC.
Tell me about it - Computers can be a real biatch sometimes. ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 10:41:16 PM »
I've never used that ad-aware program before Moi so can't answer your question specifically :-\. From the ones I have and do use I've never been asked to turn off my PC when it has found something. Normally it tells you what it found when it has finished scanning and quarantines it. It then askes whether you want the infected area or file repaired or removed from your system.

I use lavasoft ad-aware http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html and Spybot - Search and Destroy http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html

---------------------

I've actually got a problem myself if anyone can help. My Internet Explorer and Norton's Antivirus hasn't been able to connect to the internet for a few weeks even though I'm connected and can use Netscape and the free AVG antivirus ???. I've scanned my computer for viri but it says there's no virus. I've also unistalled the programs as well as my modem then reinstalled them but no difference. Unless my ISP has changed something recently at their end which is causing the problem I've got no idea :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 06:30:26 AM »
I do have Lavasoft Ad-Aware as of yesterday lol.  Before i just used the Microsoft Antispyware which did do it's job.  The thing that happened was i permitted a program i thought was safe that definitely wasn't. 

I've been doing Ad-aware scans and Norton scans, deleted the offending stuff and it's still here.  It's not causing too much of a problem other than new windows coming up every 10 mins or so.  But they shouldn't be there, and i just can't get rid of them.  Did a Norton scan this morning and no viruses found - that's good.  Haven't had any windows pop up since the scan, but i know that when i turn off PC and turn back on tonight say, it will be stil there.

Won't take drastic steps yet - I'll see if anyone else knows how to get rid of it.  Thanks anyway.

PS:  I leave puter on overnight generally, and the day it happened i was sound asleep and this man started talking out loud from my puter.  You reckon i didn't poo myself  :rollin  Ghosts lol.