Author Topic: You guys have got it good at the moment lol  (Read 4735 times)

Moi

You guys have got it good at the moment lol
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:09:26 AM »
You enjoy your heaters, your computers, your tellies and your nice little cuppa at the end of a hard day.
I have no electricity at the moment at home and has been off and on for the last 3 days.
Been fun (NOT lol) having electricians come out and fix it, and then it breaks down 5 minutes later.  Happened three times - i think we have a problem lol
So while you're watching the soccer, the Footy Show, sitting down to a nice dinner, you think of me sitting with my candle in the dark  with three doggies saying, turn on the lights will ya :rollin
Been such a joyful time  :lol

My saving grace, gas hot water lol  :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: You guys have got it good at the moment lol
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 11:23:46 AM »
You should have paid your bill Moi :lol :rollin

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »
Makes you wonder how they ever survived in the old days hey - lol

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »
When I get home and turn the lights and things on, I'll think of you Moi, and just how lucky I am.  Either that or I'll just completely forget.  ;D

But I know what you mean.  I hate it when the power goes out in our area.  You hear this dirty great bang and all of a sudden you’re in darkness.  There goes the idea of watching telly.

First thing is to turn the gas stove on, so I can see what's going on, rummage around in the cupboard for some candles, light the candles and wander around the house trying not to let them go out, burn myself, or the house down.

Apart from that it’s all good fun; :nope :yep as you would know.    It’s mostly happened late in the evening, and everything’s back to normal by morning, which is good.  Not sure how much fun it would be if it was for a few days.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »
LOL Julz  :rollin

The worse thing about the electricity going off is no power to the fridge. You can cope without everything else but if the power is gone for hours and hours on end you don't want to lose any food. The villians in our area when the power goes off are either a car going into a poll or a poor possum getting too cosey with a transformer box in the street.   

As for candles? Ever heard of a torch  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 05:46:24 PM »
:rollin Yeah alright smarty.  I have heard of torches.  It's just that it's one of those things you don’t think about buying until you need one.  I think there’s one in the car, but the battery conked out a long time ago and who thinks of checking these things when you hardly ever use them?  Not me. :nope

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Moi

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »
I am alive and well, but don't know for how long.
I have four power points that work and they managed to get a couple of lights working.
Although this could change as i load one powerboard after another with appliances  :rollin
I was spewin' i missed the footy show, thought they might say something about our game last week.  Did they anyone and were they pro or con Terry?
I did manage however to get 10 hours sleep - what else are you gonna do lol

Moi

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 06:04:32 PM »
As for candles? Ever heard of a torch  ;).
A friend went and bought me some bedside lamps that were used in the Commonwealth village - just run on batteries  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 11:32:56 PM »
I was spewin' i missed the footy show, thought they might say something about our game last week.  Did they anyone and were they pro or con Terry?

They gave it a passing comment but they talked about the soccer for ages and all them going to Munich instead. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd