Author Topic: I Bet There'll be Calls for Refunds Lol  (Read 1175 times)

PuntRdRoar

I Bet There'll be Calls for Refunds Lol
« on: December 13, 2005, 11:11:20 AM »
I bet that at some stage today, people on other websites who raised some money...and i admit it was a good effort, will be calling for refunds. I bet theyll start to get agitated about Humm and Howat. For mine, donations are always of this kind are difficult. People expect more than they get. For mine, I think we should have stopped at Graham- at 1 rookie after we got White. I have some things to do later...so if you guys keep tabs Id like to know if Im right. When will they start to call for refunds lol! ;D

PuntRdRoar

Re: I Bet There'll be Calls for Refunds Lol
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 05:26:26 PM »
Well It seems I am proven correct lol. People asking for refunds and half refunds lol.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 08:39:45 AM »
I think we should have stopped at Graham- at 1 rookie after we got White.

Why? In a weak draft pool when you get to the late rookie draft pick there is not alot of great talent left.

Im very happy with Graham & White, less so with the other 2 but its hardly the end of the world.

Humm is certainly no superstar but he is in that 22/23 year old age range that we lack, is sposed to be brave as Tim Fleming on coke and might be the answer to that back pocket role Wallace talked about earlyer in the year. At best we have a 10 year back pocket who is tough as nails but real vaule is realsing the likes of Newman and Hyde up the ground. At worse we have 'wasted' a 2nd rookie pick in a weak draft.

No doubt Cameron Howat is unlikly to become a superstar. That said Miller reckons the lad "deserves every opportunity to make it at the elite level. Cameron started pre-season training with us back in late October and hasn’t missed a beat since. He also has excellent aerobic capacity, and has shown us in all the various training drills that he’s got fine football nous to go with his physical attributes. Following a couple of good seasons of VFL football with the Box Hill Hawks (playing under new Coburg Tigers coach Andy Collins), he now gets his chance at an AFL club" Collins seems to rate him.

Howat sounds very raw but might well be a good pick up. Exacly the type of player you are gunning for with a late (3rd round) rookie pick I would have thought - more so in weak draft pool.

I'd much rather us pick up specultive picks with rookie, more so late rookie picks than not use them at all. If they dont make it cut them and draft some more prospects next season - the purpose of the rookie draft. History shows some really do become class and are worth the chance.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 02:01:22 PM »
Yea i agree its better to take something then nothing!

I am not opposed, infact i am a big fan of taking guys who have played a few years at state footy level, who are UNTRIED in the AFL, and see how they go.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 06:10:56 PM »
I am not opposed, infact i am a big fan of taking guys who have played a few years at state footy level, who are UNTRIED in the AFL, and see how they go.

Tuck being a perfect example although he was on the Hawks rookie list lol before heading off to West Adelaide under Shaun Rehn. Not everyone is ready for AFL footy at 17-18 years old. There will always be a late developer.

I have no probs with us taking a untried state (VFL, SANFL, WAFL) league player if he comes cheap - a very late National draft pick or a late rookie pick. We should always keep an eye out for a potential bargain especially on the SANFL which IMHO is the highest standard state league. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 06:40:15 PM »
For every Tuck there are a number of busts, but the thing is these guys who have plugged around at state level for a few years will have developed a very good work ethic, and after fighting so hard to get a spot in the AFL, you just know they are going to give it their all, and thats what i rate!

I'd rather have a fringe player, who is giving it their all and bringing a positive work ethic to training rather then a "Cupido" type player, who would have more talent then 1/2 the players in the AFL, but just couldn't give a flying stuff and bring a negative influence to the club!