Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 15, 2016  (Read 14097 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 15, 2016
« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2016, 10:33:07 PM »
And now on juck time the pathetic becomes embarrassing

Actuallyit shows us up for what we actually are...a disgraceful, dishonest football club

This is trolling mate

But yeah welcome to three years ago

It's only starting to hit some now how putrid we are. The rest of us led by the great claw, realised it when we lost to the blues, and the subsequent response in the first few rounds of the next year

And some of us were hit with infractions for posting content that was perceived as 'too negative' after many complaints from other posters.

The same posters who now agree. You know who you are.

Perhaps it's a lesson for all involved.

On the final 4 lines. Not that I've ever complained as debating a different view should be a key part of any forum but I'd argue that your view has been consistent for a couple of years.
We finished 5th last year and it was a good year without being great.
I'd argue on balance that any poster who disagreed with you until this year could do so with credibility and in fact win that debate in the eyes of others if not yours.
Waiting until we fail doesn't make you right in hindsight.

There is no lesson to be learned here.

It's just grandstanding to say otherwise.

Having posted the above, I'd acknowledge you've made a number of valid views this year which I've agreed with - partly because of club performance, partly because of the way they've been constructed.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #316 on: July 03, 2016, 12:59:45 AM »
dooks has been spot on and those who disagreed just loved to accept mediocrity like dimwit.

You think  finishing 5th was a good year? Most knew what result would come the following week

His whole tenure has been a massive failure. I would put him as one of the worst coaches we have had.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #317 on: July 03, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »
Hopefully this loss will finally wake the club up. Action should be taken now. Sack the football recruiting department. Search and obtain competent recruiting staff. Scrap the game plan. Start playing youth. Play Butler, McBean see if they are up to it. Make long term decisions on the playing futures of Chaplin, Grigg, Houli, Vickery.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #318 on: July 03, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
And now on juck time the pathetic becomes embarrassing

Actuallyit shows us up for what we actually are...a disgraceful, dishonest football club

This is trolling mate

But yeah welcome to three years ago

It's only starting to hit some now how putrid we are. The rest of us led by the great claw, realised it when we lost to the blues, and the subsequent response in the first few rounds of the next year

And some of us were hit with infractions for posting content that was perceived as 'too negative' after many complaints from other posters.

The same posters who now agree. You know who you are.

Perhaps it's a lesson for all involved.

On the final 4 lines. Not that I've ever complained as debating a different view should be a key part of any forum but I'd argue that your view has been consistent for a couple of years.
We finished 5th last year and it was a good year without being great.
I'd argue on balance that any poster who disagreed with you until this year could do so with credibility and in fact win that debate in the eyes of others if not yours.
Waiting until we fail doesn't make you right in hindsight.

There is no lesson to be learned here.

It's just grandstanding to say otherwise.

Having posted the above, I'd acknowledge you've made a number of valid views this year which I've agreed with - partly because of club performance, partly because of the way they've been constructed.

Wow ...  With respect I disagree completely.

"We couldn't take eight years to rebuild. We needed to become competitive a bit quicker than that. But at that time all the best talent basically for the next four to five years was going to be going north (to Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney)," Richardson said.

"We're seeing the likes of GWS reap the rewards of that now. Our strategy wasn't just to go to the draft like a lot of clubs did because we knew that would probably take six to eight years and we've seen that with the likes of Melbourne.

"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.

"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part.

"While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club."

Some rare gold from Big Footy courtesy of "I Rock".....

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:18:14 AM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2016, 04:52:37 AM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick & Hinkley)

PORT ADELAIDE v RICHMOND

9 Travis Boak (PA)
6 Jackson Trengove (PA)
5 Alex Rance (Rich)
5 Ollie Wines (PA)
4 Kane Mitchell (PA)
1 Robbie Gray (PA)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-04/aflca-votes-round-15

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: July 05, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick & Hinkley)

PORT ADELAIDE v RICHMOND

9 Travis Boak (PA)
6 Jackson Trengove (PA)
5 Alex Rance (Rich)
5 Ollie Wines (PA)
4 Kane Mitchell (PA)
1 Robbie Gray (PA)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-04/aflca-votes-round-15
I thought Jack deserved at least one vote.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.