Author Topic: Brett Deledio on RSN 927  (Read 359 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio on RSN 927
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:52:19 PM »
Lids on RSN 927:

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4895032-the-inner-sanctum-with-richmod-s-brett-deledio-on-rsn927am

------------------------------------------------

The Inner Sanctum with Richmod's Brett Deledio on RSN927am Sports Heaven with Chrisso and Mick discussing - Mood around the club?

- Talk about the frustration of a player like yourself

- What's it like on the plane on the way home?

- What's training like? Do you forget about the outside world?

- Have Adam Treloar's comments been mentioned this week?

- Alex Rance's form has been amazing

- Who do you think can win the flag this year?

- Would you support more open media access in return for revenue?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:33:16 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett Deledio on RSN 927 / Skipper swap not on the Tigers' radar: Lids
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »
Skipper swap not on the Tigers' radar: Deledio

Michael Whiting 
AFL media
August 4, 2016 8:34 AM

BRETT Deledio has slammed former Port Adelaide star Kane Cornes' suggestion that Richmond should change its captain.

Cornes told Fox Footy on Wednesday night he thought the Tigers could "make a statement" by replacing current skipper Trent Cotchin with All Australian defender Alex Rance.

But Deledio was having none of it.

Speaking on Melbourne radio station RSN927 on Thursday morning, Deledio stood by his long-time teammate Cotchin.

"Kane's entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with it whatsoever," the veteran Tiger said.

"Rancey's a fantastic leader but Trent's the man in charge of our group and has been for the last three or four years, and done it really well.

"I don't think he'll be handing it back any time soon, and nor should he."

Cornes was critical of Cotchin in the wake of last Saturday's 88-point loss to Greater Western Sydney.

He highlighted passages of play where Cotchin was searching for the ball, when Cornes felt he could have been laying blocks or helping in other areas.

"I know he (Cotchin) is an easy target and he gets looked at a lot and spoken about at Richmond a lot … he's looking for easy ball," Cornes said.

"His natural instinct is to want to get the footy.

"Perhaps they need to make a statement with their captain and perhaps that man is Alex Rance, if you can convince him to do it."

Cotchin will lead the Tigers into battle against Collingwood on Friday night at the MCG.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-04/skipper-swap-not-on-the-tigers-radar-deledio

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »
Well, we knew poor old lids isn't the sharpest tool in the tool collection.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio still struggling with calf issue (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 04:31:50 PM »
More from Lids' interview:

Deledio still struggling with calf issue

GILBERT GARDINER
Herald Sun
4 August 2016

RICHMOND vice-captain Brett Deledio is racing the clock to be fit to play against Geelong next week.

Deledio, 29, will run today and again on Saturday in the hope of getting his calf right for the Round 21 clash at the MCG.

The star forward injured his calf muscle against Essendon a fortnight ago after missing the start of the season with a quadriceps strain.

“It’s been the pits,” Deledio said of his repeated injury setbacks.

“I really want to get up for next week ... we haven’t beaten Geelong since my second year at the club so we owe those blokes a couple.

“I’m itching to get back out there and play again against those blokes.”

Deledio was cleared of any serious damage to his calf but Richmond is yet to put a time frame on his return.

“Few little bumps (recovery) not as smoothly as I would like, he told RSN.

“I’d like to think it will heal and progress and I’ll be fine for next week hopefully.”

---------------------------

Deledio also defended skipper Trent Cotchin after former Port Adelaide tagger Kane Cornes on Wednesday night on Fox Footy suggested Alex Rance should take charge at Punt Rd.

“Rancey is a fantastic leader, but Trent’s the man in charge of our group and has done for the last three or four years, and done it really well,” he said.

“I don’t think he’ll be handing it back anytime soon and nor should he.”

Deledio said Cotchin had not been reprimanded for failing to lay a tackle last week.

“I’m sure behind closed doors he would have been spoken to about that,” Deledio said.

“He’s a pretty proud man when it comes to how he leads the team, and how he is perceived, I’m sure he’ll be doing his best to make sure he’s got more than enough tackles this weekend.

“Trent’s pretty physical in the way he plays, and he puts on enormous physical pressure on the opposition, but it doesn’t always equate to Champion Data tackles so to speak.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/brett-deledio-still-struggling-with-calf-injury-but-hopes-to-return-in-round-21/news-story/fc92a1a610990dd3938050216cc8e237

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »

And Kane Cornes is a stuffing Rhodes Scholar  ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Brett Deledio on RSN 927
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »
Yes. They found each other.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 05:10:19 PM »
It would b in the players (and Dimmer) best Interests, to NOT comment on issues they feel are simply hysteria driven.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 06:08:56 PM »
ironic humour is alive and well
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 06:27:55 PM »

"Rancey's a fantastic leader but Trent's the man in charge of our group and has been for the last three or four years, and done it really well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-04/skipper-swap-not-on-the-tigers-radar-deledio

Oh yeah, captained 'really well'. Especially when it counts.  Was the 9 possesions against north 'really well'? What about kicking against the wind vs Port.

And even then.....has gone backwards
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Ruanaidh

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 06:41:25 PM »
Mr Deledio will make a mighty fine GWS player.