Author Topic: Hardwick 'On the Couch' tonight / Tigers will play finals in 2017: Dimma  (Read 4331 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Hardwick 'On the Couch' tonight / Tigers will play finals in 2017: Dimma
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »
when he turns it over, he makes it look silky?

Silky play and kick off the boot.
Turnovers often and Richmond in poot.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
We rank number 1 in turnover difficulty and execution.  Houli won the individual gold with a score of 9.966
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack backs Tiger coach’s bold finals call (Foxsports)
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 04:11:11 AM »
Jack backs Tiger coach’s bold finals call

Ben Waterworth
FOX SPORTS
18 August 2016

STAR forward Jack Riewoldt has backed his coach’s bold statement that Richmond can quickly “bounce back” and return to the finals as soon as next season.

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick told Fox Footy’s On The Couch on Monday night that the club had no plans to undertake a full scale list rebuild, claiming he saw ample potential in the playing list and that finals was firmly on the agenda in 2017.

After three consecutive elimination final defeats, the Tigers won’t feature in this year’s finals series, with Hardwick’s men sitting 13th on the ladder with an 8-12 record.

But Riewoldt told Fox Footy’s AFL 360 that he was confident about the Tigers producing a quick return to the finals.

“I just echo the sentiments Damien’s spoken about. It’s a strong, bold opinion, but we’re not here to finish 12th or 13th,” Riewoldt said on Tuesday night.

“We want to play finals footy, we want to play games of finals.

“We’ve had a really poor year this year and a really disappointing year.

“The senior leaders in the football club and the senior players really feel like we can get back to where we think we deserve to be sooner rather than later.”

Hardwick’s confidence in his playing group and staunch prediction came as a surprise to some, especially considering the Tigers’ inconsistency this season and a lack of depth on the list.

But five-time Hawthorn premiership player Dermott Brereton believes Hardwick used his statement to give players extra belief and motivation heading into 2017.

“He’s got to make his players believe in him, believe in his faith,” Brereton told AFL 360.

“He can’t smack them round. You know your players better than anyone else. If he believes those players are going to respond to a smacking, he’ll give the smacking. But there must be a little bit of fragility that he wants to keep them thinking we can do it.

“That might be his modus operandi.”

However Brereton doesn’t share the same belief as Hardwick when it comes to Richmond’s list, predicting the Tigers wouldn’t be featuring in finals in 2017.

“I think they’ll be borderline, better than this year, but every time they say ‘we’ll get Prestia’ or whoever, others teams are getting other players too. So do they improve as much?” Brereton said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-riewoldt-backs-damien-hardwicks-prediction-of-quick-richmond-finals-return/news-story/92c54c62b4fb357590f97a2ba2510f9a

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »
Perhaps our mindfulness coach is telling those within the 4 walls that if you really really believe then it will come true.

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 12:21:43 PM »
They don't realise, saying things doesn't make them happen.

They need a new game, new coach and a rebuild.

stuffn imbeciles running the show.
Sad.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 07:19:22 PM »
I love our history, I love our jumper, I love Matty Knights, the Flea and Richo.

But at the moment I struggle to love anything about RFC. Based on the embarrassing delusion that is surrounding the club. We arent good enough we are in no man's land with no confidence.

Sure add a few decent players and we may get back to finals. But we arent going ahead of any of the top 6. Absolute delusion road to no where. Cash in on some over rated blue chip players and abuse the future draft picks scheme.
Go Tigers!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 09:26:13 PM »
I love our history, I love our jumper, I love Matty Knights, the Flea and Richo.

But at the moment I struggle to love anything about RFC. Based on the embarrassing delusion that is surrounding the club. We arent good enough we are in no man's land with no confidence.

Sure add a few decent players and we may get back to finals. But we arent going ahead of any of the top 6. Absolute delusion road to no where. Cash in on some over rated blue chip players and abuse the future draft picks scheme.

It sounds like you need a sabbatical