Author Topic: Brett Deledio on SEN / Discussed trade talk, 2017, and the Saints game  (Read 797 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio joins Frank and Ox to talk about Richmond's disappointing year and recruiting players for next season:

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4957741-brett-deledio-discusses-the-moto-gp-and-richmond-s-disappointing-season

---------------------------------------------------------

Deledio on trade talk and Saints game

Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
23 Aug 2016

Big expectations and a very poor season at Richmond has brought even the likes of Brett Deledio into discussions regarding possible trades that could revitalise their list.

The 29-year-old has been at Punt Road for twelve years and widely regarded as being a significant component to any of the team’s success in recent times.

Yet he has only managed 11 games this season due to injuries and his value at the trade table could fast-forward the Tigers’ climb up the ladder.

“It is, not so much frustrating I understand that is part of the commentary of the game that people are going to throw up names to try and create a bit of talk,” said Deledio on SEN radio.

“Look it is water off a duck’s back for me I don’t really tend to worry about it too much.

“It’s more dealing with the boys at the club, Tyrone Vickery said to me ‘mate we saw you down at Lygon Street talking to Carlton I’m not sure what is going on there’.

“But it is all about fun and I tend to take too much notice of it to be honest.”

One of the players the Tigers are reportedly looking to bring in is Gold Coast midfielder Dion Prestia who is considered to be as good as gone from the expansion club.

“I think you always want to try and attract good players and certainly those two guys (Travis Cloke and Dion Prestia) are exactly that,” said Deledio.

“That’s not in my hands so that’s up to Blair Hartley and Dan Richardson our list managers to get that sorted but they certainly are good players and I think they would add value to our list.

“I don’t know Dion, I’ve never met him I’ve just played against him the last couple of years, I haven’t even got his number Ox so I’d have to find that out first.”

Last weekend the Tigers put up a good fight against Geelong only to be overrun in the last quarter, but the level of play in the loss to St Kilda at the MCG on Saturday was far from comparable.

“Yeah it wasn’t pretty but look I fully understand what the boys were going through out there, I’ve been in games where it is like that,” admitted Deledio.

“I can vouch for them all and say it wasn’t like they weren’t trying, things just weren’t going right and it really like you said it wasn’t a pretty game to watch but sometimes footy serves that up.

“Yeah I turned to Steve Morris at one stage and when the crowd starts to murmur you know the edge of the game is probably lost.

“It was disappointing but I’m sure we will get the boys back on track and we want to finish off the season really strong.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/08-16/deledio-on-trade-talk-and-saints-game#dPwwwg4TplW5qUqm.97

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett Deledio on SEN / Discussed trade talk, 2017, and the Saints game
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:15:03 AM »
Deledio upbeat about 2017

richmondfc.com.au
23 August 2016

Veteran Richmond star Brett Deledio is confident his body will hold up to the rigours of AFL football next season and beyond, following a frustrating injury run in 2016.

Deledio missed the opening five games of the season with a quad injury and has been sidelined since the Tigers’ Round 17 win against Essendon because of a calf complaint.

He also had calf problems during the pre-season, which hampered his preparation going into the 2016 season.

The 29-year-old, however, believes he can regain continuity with his football in 2017.

“I feel only 22-23 upstairs, but unfortunately the calves have just let me down a little bit over this last year, especially.  But I feel like I’m on top of the program that Pete Burge, our fitness guy, and our physios, have put in place and (I’m) ready to hit the ground running,” Deledio said on SEN.

“I’m running pretty strongly now and, if I hadn’t have missed so many weeks, I probably would have been a little chance to play these last two (games of the season).

“But unfortunately you’ve got to get so much training into your body to make sure that not just the calf gets through, but the rest of your body as well.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-23/deledio-upbeat-about-2017

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett Deledio on SEN / Discussed trade talk, 2017, and the Saints game
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »
Ohhhh so that's who ox is