Author Topic: Rance leads way in Richmond’s trademark values, so shouldn’t he be captain? (HS)  (Read 3875 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Agree with you re the captaincy

Think as a player Cotch has gone backwards. I want Cotch the player from 2012, 2013. That's when he broke games open for us, willed the side across the line

What's interesting in his first year of being captain he had Newman out there and i reckon that helped him. Doesn't have that support around him now.

Just my opinion of course  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Chaplin Houli Hampson grigg provide excellent leadership as senior players thank u very much
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Chaplin Houli Hampson grigg provide excellent leadership as senior players thank u very much
I think Chaplin has retired Bents, so he can't be a senior player. :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Whoa nice contribution

Unfortunately the context was Cotchin time as captian - which troy leadership Chaplin was around for most of before sooking it up and quitting mid season

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Whoa nice contribution

Unfortunately the context was Cotchin time as captian - which troy leadership Chaplin was around for most of before sooking it up and quitting mid season
Should then have written "provided" not "provide". :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
t’s Mabo, it’s justice, it’s law, it’s the vibe, and…no that’s it…it’s the vibe. I rest my case.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

Think as a player Cotch has gone backwards. I want Cotch the player from 2012, 2013. That's when he broke games open for us, willed the side across the line

What's interesting in his first year of being captain he had Newman out there and i reckon that helped him. Doesn't have that support around him now.

He had Newman there for his first three years as captain.....and I hardly think his "example" of the soft , unaccountable, selfish Wayne Campbell school of football and 10 possessions a game would've really made any difference, let alone a positive one...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

He had Newman there for his first three years as captain.....and I hardly think his "example" of soft , unaccountable football and 10 possessions a game would've really made any difference, let alone a positive one...

True but in his first year as captain; whic was his best year Newman's influence was evident - he was still in the leadership group. After that when Newman step away from the leadership group Cotchin the player started going backwards or at the very least MIA. The longer he's been captain the more the MIA occurs
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bollocks Cotchin is good at football

Your expecting him to carry a dozen plodders is unrealistic.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bollocks Cotchin is good at football

Your expecting him to carry a dozen plodders is unrealistic.
I tend to agree with you but Cotch as a footballer has gone backwards.
I think it's simply Halfwit and his game style that is killing players like Cotch.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Cotchin has been brainwashed and ruined by our charlatan couch & his dinky kick crablike 2 steps backwards to go forward gameplan.

Add to this he has to help convince & sell this rubbish style to the rest of the team by "leading by example" and executing the perfect "dinky" the whole bloody game.

When was the last time we saw him take on the opposition and lauch a 60 metre bomb into the goal square?  Unfortunately this isn't allowed under the "blueprint" guidelines.  :rollin

Get rid of this cancer coach and the team will be free to play footy again.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I actually don't think Rance should be captain, I think he's one that it would probably play on his mind a bit. Just let him play the game.