Author Topic: Video Replays resulting in goal decisions.  (Read 656 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Video Replays resulting in goal decisions.
« on: August 01, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »
Regarding the touched/non touched replays when is a goal not a goal.

The replays ascertain if the ball was touched off the boot or whether or not the ball touches the post. 

All well and good BUT why not extend this to judge if a free kick which results in a goal should or should not have been paid (eg hands in the back/throw/holding the ball etc etc.) 

To me the AFL has started this video judgement feature, surely it should now extend to decisions on the field which result in goals?? 

In reality the game is in one hell of a mess, it should either all be left with the human error factor or all dubious decisions should be adjudicated upon via instant video replay.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Video Replays resulting in goal decisions.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 06:57:35 PM »
I voted leave as is, but I'd like to put a rider on that.

I agree with john Longmire. Video replay of goal decisions is fine, as long as the AFL commits to having the best technology available for decision making.

I am not sure they do at the moment.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 07:44:48 PM »
I voted leave as is, but I'd like to put a rider on that.

I agree with john Longmire. Video replay of goal decisions is fine, as long as the AFL commits to having the best technology available for decision making.

I am not sure they do at the moment.

x2

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 08:14:18 PM »
Get some super slomo HD cameras in there to do the job, the current grainy replays are embarrassing for a multi billion dollar sporting organisation

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »
Get some super slomo HD cameras in there to do the job, the current grainy replays are embarrassing for a multi billion dollar sporting organisation

I agree what seemed to me a punched through point was adjudicated a goal the other night basically because the ball was a blur so you couldn't 100% say touched. But the direction the ball went said pushed through by my reckoning.  So fix it up.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »

Pretty sure my phone can do it, not sure it'd be too hard for the AFL to fork out for something good