Author Topic: Richmond’s young guns will send Tigers to greater heights in 2018: Riewoldt (HS)  (Read 498 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond’s young guns will send Tigers to greater heights in 2018

CHRIS CAVANAGH,
Herald Sun
March 18, 2018 12:12pm

RICHMOND vice-captain Jack Riewoldt says there is unquestionable growth left in the Tigers as the reigning premiers eagerly eye the season opener on Thursday night.

Seven Richmond players who collected premiership medals last year — Jack Graham, Nathan Broad, Dan Butler, Jason Castagna, Toby Nankervis, Daniel Rioli and Jacob Townsend — have less than 50 AFL games each to their name while Kane Lambert (52 matches) and Kamdyn McIntosh (53) are also relatively inexperienced.

Riewoldt said those players, along with others who missed selection for last year’s Grand Final, were primed to improve which would hold the Tigers in good stead.

“We’ve got a lot of younger guys there that haven’t played 50 games,” he said.

“In my experience, it’s when you start to come into your own as a player, after you’ve played 50 games. So it’s a really positive sign for us.

“And guys that unfortunately missed out on the premiership last year have been the real drivers over pre-season.

“A guy like Corey Ellis, who is rated really highly internally, is a guy I’m really excited about seeing his output this year and Shai Bolton as well has performed well over the JLT series.

“So I think our progression can come from there and it’s a real exciting one too.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-riewoldt-says-there-is-still-natural-improvement-in-richmonds-young-guns/news-story/690521a4a4e86c7af4bf28827e32f544