Author Topic: Worst Movie I've Ever Seen  (Read 4512 times)

Moi

Worst Movie I've Ever Seen
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »
Was watching tellie last night after the Games and this movie with Nicole and Tom came on called Eyes Wide Shut.  Umm, did anyone ever have the misfortune to go to the flicks and actually pay to watch this, and sit through about 3 hours of the worst acting, worst plot, worst of everything lol.  I had to watch to see how bad it was, and it was, but couldn't stay till the end it was just so painful.  If you haven't seen it, worth getting out on video just to see how overrated these two are.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Worst Movie I've Ever Seen
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:46:35 PM »
Hey Moi

How does anyone get their head around the reality that Nicole gets multiple millions for a movie?

Best movie for long time - Matchpoint - my kinda guy - i wish   ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 08:26:08 PM »
Was watching tellie last night after the Games and this movie with Nicole and Tom came on called Eyes Wide Shut.  Umm, did anyone ever have the misfortune to go to the flicks and actually pay to watch this, and sit through about 3 hours of the worst acting, worst plot, worst of everything lol.  I had to watch to see how bad it was, and it was, but couldn't stay till the end it was just so painful.  If you haven't seen it, worth getting out on video just to see how overrated these two are.

Like you Moi, I thankfully didn't go and pay to watch it at the cinemas. Didn't they say at the time it was made that it would help their marriage or something  :P. Tom should have quit after Risky Business lol.

As for worse movies - Tank Girl a movie I saw in Canberra about 10 years ago would have to be right up there with the worse movies of all time. The plot was a comic strip herione trying to stop some baddie on a desert planet or land or something "draining" people (cause we're made of 70% water) to make and sell bottles of fresh water. Absolute shocker  :sleep.

Xanadu would be another on most people's worse movie list as it combined every corney idea of the late 70s - old movie star, roller skating and glam rock - but I liked ELO  :outtahere so I wasn't asking for my money back lol. At least they didn't make a sequel like they did for Saturday Night Fever  :help.    
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »
Grease II and Speed II were shockers.

Moi

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 06:32:19 AM »
Hey Moi

How does anyone get their head around the reality that Nicole gets multiple millions for a movie?
She is a bit of fairy floss IMO - can't remember much of her work that i've liked.  Bangkok Hilton and Dead Calm was okay, but that's about it.  Very overrated.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:07:16 PM »
The third Austin Powers movie was another shocker. One sequel too many.

Hey Moi

She is a bit of fairy floss IMO - can't remember much of her work that i've liked.  Bangkok Hilton and Dead Calm was okay, but that's about it.  Very overrated.

The straight hair she has now suits her more than the red curly tops she had in the 80s.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 02:09:33 PM »
Worst movie...A toss up between battlefield earth (yes I paid money to go and see this) and the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton & Kim Basinger.
Keaton should stick to comedic roles and Basinger should have stopped acting after 9 1/2 weeks.
Worst Video or DVD....Clock watchers. This was the most boring piece of crap video I have ever seen. I hear Toni Collete is buing all the copies that are available and erasing it from her resume. My wife made me watch it and even she hated it! A grand total of 96 minutes of my life I will never get back!  :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 11:04:53 PM »
Dare I say it The Matrix movies - actually the first one haven't watched the others - I sat there thinking "and the point is"  :-\ :help ;D

Tom & Nicole's 2nd effort together Far & Away I think it was called was a shocker.

oh and another Tom Cruise dud - Born on the Fourth of July

And final "Saving Private Ryan". Right at the end Private Ryan is Arlington cemetary and he ask his missus "am I good man" and I found my  self yelling at the screen "No sir you are not you are an idiot"

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)