Author Topic: Hardwick on the Footy Show this week - Wed. 9pm  (Read 1401 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick on the Footy Show this week - Wed. 9pm
« on: March 25, 2019, 10:15:44 PM »
Just announced by Hutchy.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Hardwick on the Footy Show this week - Wed. 9pm
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:48:33 AM »
Show is tanking so lets get Hardwick on to pump up the interest.

Trevor, Eddie and Sam were to heart of the show, as they were replaced the show diminished.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:16:24 PM »
People lamenting the departure of Trevor Marmalade merely proves the old adage that absence makes the heart grow fonder....truth is he'd stopped being funny and original years before he got the arse....also the likes of Crawford & Dave Hughes were so excruciatingly unfunny it made people think Trevor was a lot funnier than he actually ever was... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 07:23:04 PM »
No Diode if you replace a comedian with a fool you may save money but the comedy goes down hill.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »
People lamenting the departure of Trevor Marmalade merely proves the old adage that absence makes the heart grow fonder....truth is he'd stopped being funny and original years before he got the arse....also the likes of Crawford & Dave Hughes were so excruciatingly unfunny it made people think Trevor was a lot funnier than he actually ever was... :shh

He was and is funny.
The vehicle he was given became archaic and unstructured which impacted his style of humour. All other comedians mentioned are showed up as incredibly unfunny because they can’t think on their feet
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 07:37:34 PM »
It was already going down hill....don't reckon Trevor had told a joke he hadn't told before in the last 5 years he was there.....Geez I use to record it just so I could skip to Richmond related stuff  ( ok I admit I often enjoyed Almost Footy Legends as wel :shh) and they were still using Murray Tregonning's old Hey Hey It's Saturday sound effects and Andrew Fyfe's stupid cartoons last year,.... :shh

He was and is funny.
The vehicle he was given became archaic and unstructured which impacted his style of humour. All other comedians mentioned are showed up as incredibly unfunny because they can’t think on their feet

Baffling how Dave Hughes has actually managed to carve a career from not being able to think on his feet and getting tongue-tied , it's almost as if being slow-witted and bad at comedy is the actual schtick...... :huh

Personally haven;t found Trevor funny since the twin tiwers were still upright and I don't mean Richo & Ottens... still we now live in world where the likes of Hannah Gadsby is considered a comic genius and the future of comedy so what the stuff would I know?  :shh
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 08:27:52 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »
Show couldn’t survive in this new world where everyone gets offended by everything. Has been bad for the best part of a decade.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »
The "Iggy Catalpa" episode of Duckman has finally come true.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 08:50:54 PM »
It was already going down hill....don't reckon Trevor had told a joke he hadn't told before in the last 5 years he was there.....Geez I use to record it just so I could skip to Richmond related stuff  ( ok I admit I often enjoyed Almost Footy Legends as wel :shh) and they were still using Murray Tregonning's old Hey Hey It's Saturday sound effects and Andrew Fyfe's stupid cartoons last year,.... :shh

He was and is funny.

Baffling how Dave Hughes has actually managed to carve a career from not being able to think on his feet and getting tongue-tied , it's almost as if being slow-witted and bad at comedy is the actual schtick...... :huh

Personally haven;t found Trevor funny since the twin tiwers were still upright and I don't mean Richo & Ottens... still we now live in world where the likes of Hannah Gadsby is considered a comic genius and the future of comedy so what the stuff would I know?  :shh

I’m a little biased as he used to host a comedy night at the foresters arms and it was in the day where a comedian could just get up, say poo and it would either stick or it wouldn’t.... they weren’t judged on what they were saying other than whether it made you laugh. I heard Mick Molloy has to clear his jokes through legal.....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 10:16:23 PM »
Dimma will catch up with Rance tomorrow. Rance came home today and apparently his surgery yesterday went as well as it could.

The rest of it was lighthearted and reminiscing like the time Dimma hip-and-shouldered Guy Sebastian in the first 30 seconds of a charity game in Adelaide.

By the way, Kane Cornes reckons Bontempelli and Cripps will pass Dusty as the best players in the comp. by the end of the season.

Matthew Lloyd still believes we can win the flag.