Author Topic: What is Richmond’s biggest trade regret? (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2617 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: What is Richmond’s biggest trade regret? (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 12:19:15 PM »
I will never have anyone speak I’ll of Jordan McMahon. His dirty Mexican moustache was a thing to behold and that legendary kick after the siren and the effect it had will forever be immortalised in the rich history of RFC

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: What is Richmond’s biggest trade regret? (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 12:56:56 PM »
No way do we regret McMahon. He delivered us Dusty.

Yarran was a mistake for sure, but Ottens wanted out.
McMahon was a disastrous bust in terms of the conversation, but as you mentioned, in the greater scheme of chaos theories and domino effects we got Dusty - so no harm done.

Carlton demanding pick 12 for Yarran without disclosing his ice addiction (which they clearly knew about as Kruezer informed Cotchin of the situation during negotiations) should be investigated by the AFL if they had any balls. Nothing short of disgraceful, but then you wouldn't expect anything less from the Scum.

Didn't know that about Kreuzer speaking to Cotchin.

Why then did we got ahead with it?

As for Schultz...honestly he was talented but clearly wanted out of Vic. Would never have performed that well as a Vic club. I was happy for him to have a little purple patch personally.
Re: Yarran - Cotchin told the board/coaching panel of the situation and we decided to go ahead with it anyway, so we certainly deserve some serious criticism. Maybe we were backing our club culture in to turn him around; who knows. But the Scum were not up front about his off field issues.

Schultz - Agreed. He was never going to reach his potential with us after he lost us the TAC sponsorship. Glad he was able to carve out a respectable football career after he left us.