Author Topic: Neil Balme on SEN - 2/3/20  (Read 480 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Neil Balme on SEN - 2/3/20
« on: March 02, 2020, 02:55:06 PM »
Balmey on SEN with Dwayne Russell just now:

* Higgins? Surgeons always confident he'd return. He himself would want to play better but he's fine post-game. We monitor him.   

* Floss concussed?  Looked fine on the track this morning when Balmey saw him. Not sure if he had a concussion test but don't believe so. Joked that Floss is out for a month so Adams gets two weeks and can't play round 2.

* To bump or not to bump? We tell our players to be really carefully bumping. We don't shepherd as much as we use to because of the risk of being rubbed out. Be as strong and physical at the ball but be careful of the bump to the head.

* Rance? We are extremely proud of what he has done for our footy club and he should be extremely proud. We totally respect his decision. He's basically saying he wants to do something else with his life. We'd absolutely love him to return but if he doesn't then that's fine as well.

* SOO? The players looked after each other. To get injured in this game would be pure chance. As much chance of getting injured as on the track or at Wangaratta. So Balmey and Dimma too weren't concerned.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Neil Balme on SEN - 2/3/20
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 03:42:37 PM »
Audio of Balmey on SEN: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=583090

-----------------------------------------------------------

Richmond provide Nick Vlastuin update after Taylor Adams bump

By SEN
2 March 2020

Richmond Senior Club Advisor Neil Balme says premiership defender Nick Vlastuin has recovered well from a bump he copped from Collingwood midfielder Taylor Adams.

Adams is set to come under scrutiny from Match Review Officer Michael Christian for collecting Vlaustin with a hip and shoulder during Sunday’s Marsh Series match in Wangaratta.

How Vlastuin recovers from the hit will be pivotal when the MRO assesses the incident and decides whether Adams should be suspended or not.

With Richmond scheduled to play Collingwood in Round 2 of the season proper, Balme gave a tongue-in-cheek response when asked about the Adams bump.

“I think Taylor (Adams) might have been cited for that so I’ll say he (Vlaustin) won’t play for a month to get him a week. We play them (Collingwood) in Round 2," Balme told SEN's Dwayne's World.

"I saw him this morning on the track doing his recovery and he looked fine to me. I’m pretty sure he is fine.

“I don’t think he actually had a concussion test. I don’t think that was the issue.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/03/02/richmond-provide-vlastuin-update-after-adams-bump/