Author Topic: Concept of the 'Crunch Game'  (Read 808 times)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Concept of the 'Crunch Game'
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:12:53 PM »
Anyone care to explain the concept of the crunch game here? I know what it is and how it works and I was explaining it to two Tigers last night who missed the commotion of last year against Essendon and I must say it sounds pretty 'gay'. Its just a normal game where Terry puts the onus on the players to NOT lose. I didnt know how else to explain it.

Care to provide a better answer?
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Bulluss

Re: Concept of the 'Crunch Game'
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:21:26 PM »
Yeah your pretty much on the money OM21, they basically choose a game and set themselves to make the commitment not to lose and i think they even use the ball for auction etc.

Welcome back to OER by the way, it has been a while since we seen you around the traps.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:22:08 PM »
hey OM do you reckon we're gonna get Salpigindis and theres rumours that we could get Charisteas as well lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 06:18:05 PM »
Anyone care to explain the concept of the crunch game here? I know what it is and how it works and I was explaining it to two Tigers last night who missed the commotion of last year against Essendon and I must say it sounds pretty 'gay'. Its just a normal game where Terry puts the onus on the players to NOT lose. I didnt know how else to explain it.

Care to provide a better answer?

Welcome back om21  :).

IIRC it's usually timed against a similar or weaker opponent and to either get our season back no track (last year's Essendon game after 4 straight losses) or to cement a spot in the eight/finals. Sort of like a season-defining game.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 07:43:43 PM »
ahahah thanks for the warm wishes fellas.....been itching to come back for a while but just never got round to it! I was inspired after the big road trip last week to stop being lazy so Im back!!!

Thanks for clarifying that....the guys I were telling were mystified. They kept asking 'but what is different about it?' and well nothing apart from the players making a pact. 10 minutes later we were talking about possible finals runs saying well we are on 5 wins and we have the 'crunch game' in the bag so we only need 6 more lol....

ahahahah good old rampaging....if we get Salpiggidis, Im getting on a plane and going to Greece for Champions League since I missed out last year and copt EuroLiga only!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 10:37:58 PM »
BIG Crunch week on bigfooty coming up when i get on there in the next week or two and inform the essendon and carlton hordes that outstanding aboringinal youngster Megali Poutsa is set to be the player that there clubs fight over for pick no1 in the national Draft.

My spies inform me that the youngster is a strapping young lad, who likes to play extremely deep in the forward line. At 195cm and 88kgs he seems set to take over the key CHF position at either Essendon or Carlyon. Fast, athletic, great flexibility when going forward with outstanding attention on his way back...to defence...fortunately however for both clubs Megali Poutsa has a smaller brother his name is Mikri Poutsa, an outstanding midfield type...he is the quintesential playmaker. So the 2 brothers will create history on draft day...Carlton and Essendon supporters will be besides themselves with excitement.