Author Topic: VFL R8: Richmond vs Geelong @ Punt Rd, Sat. May 13  (Read 2843 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: VFL R8: Richmond vs Geelong @ Punt Rd, Sat. May 13
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2023, 10:59:54 PM »
Yep, Dow is injured so he didn't play.

Didn't see anyone put their hand up today for a promotion. Sonsie's disposal was disappointing today IMO. Bauer was up and down - had some good and ordinary moments in defence (such as the last 30 secs). Banks was solid at HB and arguably our cleanest player today, but 13 possies isn't a lot of the ball for a rebounding defender. Biggie and Cumberland only impacted and looked threatening in the last quarter. Clarke's game time was managed. Seemed to play mostly in the first and last quarters. Bradtke and Green both were ineffective and hardly touched the ball.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2023, 12:30:07 AM »
Who was No.53?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2023, 03:03:52 PM »
Richmond VFL coach Steve Morris provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in Saturday's draw with Geelong at the Swinburne Centre.

Tyler Sonsie (23 disposals, five marks, three clearances)

"Bit of a different role for Tyler. He played down back for the majority of the day, whilst taking a number of centre bounces. It's good learning for him and hopefully he takes some steps forward in his defensive game as a result."

Jacob Bauer (18 disposals, seven marks, four rebound-50s)

"I'd love to see Jacob increase his intent to defend his direct opponent. At the moment, I feel he's trying to do a little bit too much, which is understandable as we were undersized down back. But, this is a good lesson for him to work through these circumstances."

Sam Banks (13 disposals, four tackles, three rebound-50s)

"I thought he was really good. His leadership down back really did stand out. It was a bit of a new role for him this week moving away from a wing, and I thought he set the boys up well behind the footy. His foot skills and work-rate stood out."

Bigoa Nyuon (12 disposals, 22 hit-outs, three marks, one goal)

"I was really pleased with his game. He work-rate really stood out and he looked huge up forward, providing us a good focal point late in the game which was exciting."

Noah Cumberland (11 disposals, two tackles, three goals)

"Really proud of the way he went about it on the day. His attitude was fantastic, he had a big influence on the match, and we loved the way he invested in his teammates."

Judson Clarke (10 disposals, four inside-50s, three rebound-50s)

"A really interesting day for Judson. He barely got sighted in the first half, but it was a real credit to him that he stuck tough and had a really influential second half. He really did look like he could have broken the game open late in the game."

Steely Green (10 disposals, five marks, one tackle)

"Another player who didn't get too much reward for the hard work he put in. He's coming along really nicely in that small forward role and it was nice to see him have an influence."

Kaelan Bradtke (three disposals, four tackles, one goal)

"It was a day of nearlys for Kaelan. He got himself into a number of good positions but he couldn't quite hang onto the mark. He could have easily finished with three or four goals, but after a sting out with injury, he'll be better for that run and he'll turn those opportunities into scoreboard pressure next week."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1332549/