Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 9582 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2024, 08:50:01 PM »
I'd take their picks 10 + 13 + 15 for Bolton.

Trade further up with the other picks we have and we could end up with 3x top 10 picks.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2024, 09:52:32 PM »
How many really good 24 thru say 27 year old players do we have? With a rebuild good players in this age range are needed more than any other type.

Whats the point of having 10 top 10 picks if there is no one there to help them develop.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2024, 09:58:07 PM »
How many really good 24 thru say 27 year old players do we have? With a rebuild good players in this age range are needed more than any other type.

Whats the point of having 10 top 10 picks if there is no one there to help them develop.

Seriously,  I really don't know what to say.... :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2024, 10:27:51 PM »
Treacy and some first rounders would do me.
Bolton and Baker for Treacy and 2 top 10 picks would be perfect.
Fully fit, our midfield is ok. Key forward is dire.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2024, 08:58:41 PM »
Maybe we can nab a young key forward like this guy:

https://x.com/7AFL/status/1798518777119985868

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2024, 12:02:29 AM »
Rumour we're into Will Phillips from Norf - thankfully the talk is mainly just on Big Footy so far, so probably not true...would be an upgrade on Dow but that's not saying much and seems pretty pointless if we're about to hit a draft hard that's supposedly overflowing with midfield talent ...surely we wouldn't go down that road instead and trade any decent picks for the likes of him....barely even touching it in the magoos atm...would rather just use a rookie pick to get RCD back if that's the case..... :shh
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 12:29:27 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2024, 09:46:58 AM »
Rumour we're into Will Phillips from Norf - thankfully the talk is mainly just on Big Footy so far, so probably not true...would be an upgrade on Dow but that's not saying much and seems pretty pointless if we're about to hit a draft hard that's supposedly overflowing with midfield talent ...surely we wouldn't go down that road instead and trade any decent picks for the likes of him....barely even touching it in the magoos atm...would rather just use a rookie pick to get RCD back if that's the case..... :shh

Averaging 23 touches and 6 tackles in the VFL.

Mostly a handballer so probably an extractor type, like a poor man's Tom Mitchell/Lachie Neale.

He showed a bit in 2023 statistically but tbh I've not heard a peep about him.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2024, 12:34:37 PM »
More fool me...shoulda known not to trust Big Footy...said in his last two matches that he only got 5 & 12....just checked and the stuffin' idiots were only counting his kicks..... :propeller

Word is Norf are after experience and are looking at McIntosh among others......would do a straight swap.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2024, 04:40:22 PM »
More fool me...shoulda known not to trust Big Footy...said in his last two matches that he only got 5 & 12....just checked and the stuffin' idiots were only counting his kicks..... :propeller

Word is Norf are after experience and are looking at McIntosh among others......would do a straight swap.... :shh

I like him but he can go haha