Author Topic: McQualter's post-match presser / 'Mini' proud of gallant Tigers  (Read 780 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 09:14:38 PM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: McQualter's post-match presser / 'Mini' proud of gallant Tigers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 09:15:48 PM »
‘Mini’ proud of gallant Tigers

AFL Media
27 August 2023[/i]

Interim Richmond coach Andrew McQualter has provided an overall positive assessment of the Tigers’ final-round loss to Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval today.

An inexperienced Richmond team, containing two debutants (Tom Brown and James Trezise) and a further four players with less than 20 games to their credit (Tylar Young, Thomson Dow, Sam Banks and Jacob Bauer), pushed Port almost all the way, before the home side ultimately secured a 31-point win.

“To be honest, we’re really proud of that effort,” McQualter said in his post-match press conference.

“Port are going to go deep in the finals. Playing at their home ground and, obviously, we didn’t have anything to play for next week.

“But the players spoke about over the last few weeks they wanted to finish the season well.

“Certainly, against Port, to win contested ball and inside 50s, it’s hard to do at this ground.

“So, we’re pleased with that but, ultimately, I think a bit of their class probably just overpowered us a bit in the last quarter, in particular.

“The third quarter they probably dominated territory a fair bit as well.”

Richmond’s quest for victory was hindered by several players missing very gettable shots for goal throughout the game.

“We forgot where the big sticks were there for a little while. But, in the end, they probably kicked a bit inaccurately as well,” McQualter said.

“They were just a bit more efficient, I think, at times when they went inside their forward 50 . . .

“Overall, pleased with the effort, but not with the result.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1417775/mini-proud-of-gallant-tigers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 09:18:04 PM »
Oh look....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 09:22:27 PM »
What about the umpiring FFS.  I'm not interested in another sycophant coach who won't stick it to Gilligan and co when its well overdue.