Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 173471 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: June 02, 2024, 04:08:02 PM »
ooh yes lets forget about all other facets of his game. How many tackles in the second half? Even Dow contributed in the tackle column last night and you were bagging him on another chat.

Also lets bypass his woeful efforts in almost every other game.

Its time for him to go. That is an absolute fact as the game doesnt suit his slowness.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1216 on: June 02, 2024, 04:13:02 PM »
He's slow & ineffective, take whatever compo we get & run as fast as he can't....knew they'd play him on ball instead of Sonsie..... :banghead
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1217 on: June 02, 2024, 10:31:00 PM »
I am acutely aware that this bloke is for alot on this site their favourite whipping boy.

But seriously he was one our best last night especially in the 1st half. Leading tackler for the game. An area we've been pathetic in ...

If people don't want to or can't look past their clear disdain for the bloke then that's unfortunate and dilutes any reasonable argument thay may have.

But whatever...

Often injured.

No chase or breakaway pace.

Never accumulates enough ball.

Laying some tackles isn't enough to be in a starting 22 at AFL level IMO.

I would rather play any younger kid over him. He's been at his glass ceiling pretty much since debut.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1218 on: June 02, 2024, 10:36:19 PM »
He still misses three tackles for everyone he sticks...and that's when he actually manages to get close enough to lay a hand on his opponent....second to the ball a lot for a reason.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1219 on: June 02, 2024, 10:47:08 PM »
He still misses three tackles for everyone he sticks...and that's when he actually manages to get close enough to lay a hand on his opponent....second to the ball a lot for a reason.... :shh

I’m confused
Weren’t we often told he was the fastest at the club

Slow as treacle

Because he’s a good bloke and universally liked , a lot are very protective of him

Facts are he’s average

Is he a dud etc, words thrown around here a lot, no, he isn’t

He tries hard, but he’s not athletically gifted and very limited as a player and it’s time to move on

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1220 on: Yesterday at 12:55:53 PM »
It will be interesting to see how Jack is remembered. Stood up in a Grand Final. Heroism in a Preliminary final .

But I guess that’ seems like a lifetime ago now .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1221 on: Yesterday at 01:13:19 PM »
He'll always be part of club folklore , like Townsend....probably Grand Final & AFL folklore in general as well....teenage 5th gamer kicks the most goals in a winning-drought breaking GF...played on with a busted shoulder in prelim to help his team in a come from behind win....that injury also paving the way for another piece of Richmond, Grand Final & AFL folklore the following week...but like you said and as the saying goes - "the past is another country..." :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1222 on: Yesterday at 01:13:40 PM »
It will be interesting to see how Jack is remembered. Stood up in a Grand Final. Heroism in a Preliminary final .

But I guess that’ seems like a lifetime ago now .

He played injured but it's not like he managed anything much after doing his shoulder from memory.

Tuck played with a broken shoulderblade and I don't remember everyone frothing over him so hard.

Great performance in the granny and it was good that he could stay on the field in the PF to keep some other legs fresh knowing that he wouldn't play the following week.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1223 on: Yesterday at 01:19:05 PM »
I frothed and edged hard for Shane tuck! I didn’t know about this forum at the time but man I loved Shane tuck. I will die on the hill that he wasn’t one of hardwick’s favourites and he got put on the chopping block often unfairly

Bizarrely, his dump it forward sky balls would have worked amazing with our 2017-19 game plan!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1224 on: Yesterday at 01:22:37 PM »
I frothed and edged hard for Shane tuck! I didn’t know about this forum at the time but man I loved Shane tuck. I will die on the hill that he wasn’t one of hardwick’s favourites and he got put on the chopping block often unfairly

Bizarrely, his dump it forward sky balls would have worked amazing with our 2017-19 game plan!

I too was a huge fan. I was really upset when Hardwick shafted him and I was devastated when he was dropped/retired.

He was a really lovely bloke in person too. Really didn't take his career for granted.

I felt similar but less intensely for Jackson and King during some dark days.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1225 on: Yesterday at 01:33:28 PM »
Eeew ...Hackson...if you think I dislike Dow & Short.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1226 on: Yesterday at 02:12:35 PM »
Graham did some great things for the team .. he stepped up in the 2017 flag and 2019 prelim

Is a loved and respected clubman

He was never athletic and his very limited pace has diminished even further

At a time when the game has sped up

The facts are he is now a battler .. for some reason people don’t care a continental about McIntosh getting slammed by all and sundry, but the rules are different for Graham ..

It’s time for him to move on

McIntosh as well , ooroo to both .. with a lot of thanks for the great service

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1227 on: Yesterday at 06:32:27 PM »
That about sums it up Damo. Really enjoyed his first few years and last few have been meh…
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.